No power to #1 cylinder.

I just installed my rebuilt carbs, put in new plugs and took it out on Lake Michigan on Sunday. I couldn't get it to go over 5100 RPM and to get it up to that point it took me a while. I had about 117 psi in all three before I took it out. It would always stay running and start right up.

I just inspected the plugs #3 and #2 are milky brown and #1 (towards the bow) looks brand new except for a little burn on the tip. I put the plug in the wire and could see spark. Checked #1 and its still at 117 psi. I swapped out the wires for 1 and 3 ( no wire on 1) to see if it would run and it wouldn't. I did pour a little oil in #1 for precaution reasons.

When I rebuilt the carbs I didn't really clean the the main gas supplies. The ones where the gas lines are connected. I concentrated on the jetting and rebuild. Anyway, I hoping someone could help me. Could this be electrical? Before I rebuilt the carbs I had the same issue as above. I was on a small lake and was able to ride with the seat off, I messed with the plug wires and it would take off. I originally thought it was a carb issue.

I did post something on my original post, but this is different.

Thanks,

Tom

+1
    are all the pulse lines connected from the cylinder to the carbs?

Oside,
    Yes, I rebuilt the carbs and connected all the lines although I don't exactly know what you mens by "pulse lines". I made sure I didn't miss a step when I rebuilt them using the diagrams from other posts. The main reason I rebuilt the in the first place was because of the same issue I'm having now and I thought it was a fuel/air issue. It seems that the #1 cylinder won't fire for some reason. I pulled the plug and had the plug in the wire and held the plug near the block and I could see spark, in fact I felt it and I was holding the wire not the plug.

I just read on another post that it could be electrical issue where a wire that was partially pulled out of the coil or wasn't fully seated on the coil could cause this when under load. I pulled the electric box a part yesterday and all the wires looked like they were connected. I did break the wire on the #3 cylinder and Yamaha will only sell me the entire coil set for $234.00. So does anyone know where I can buy just a wire. I went to Autozone and they didn't have anything close. Unless the coils do go, if so I'll dish out the cash. I have 217 hours on the ski, I have taken pretty good care of it so The ski is in great shape.

If anyone has had similar issues I'll try anything right now. I running out of summer!!!

jet ski solutions for wire /coil repair

+1
    There are several threads on upgrading spark plug wires on your GPR you can use Automotive style ones. look for threads on battery box relocation this should be covered in some of them.

Pulse lines are the blue ones that come from the cases and connect to the fuel pump side of your carbs. these drive the diaphrams in each carbs fuel pump to create pressure. in the picture look at the one near the throttle pulley, that one wraps around to the front carb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LH1300BB 086.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	85512  

I'll check tonight when I get home, but I'm pretty sure I put everything back together correctly. Thanks for the picture.

I'll check the other post for places to get plugs. The Yamaha dealer is a mile from my house thats why I went there first. Autozone really didn't have anything I could match it up to.

OK its official I'm an idiot!!! Oside, the pulse line was off the number 1 cylinder. When I looked the first time it looked like the picture you attached but I never physically followed it to the carb. I thought it was something electrical and wound up getting new wires(thanks Jetski Solutions) Anyway,I don't remember where exactly it attaches to. I can't see where it goes I felt around and still can't find it. , does anyone have a picture of where that pulse line attaches. Thank you.

Tom

P.S. Sorry, for the late posts my mom is in the hospital so I been spending a lot of time there.

LH1300BB 086.jpg

Looking at the picture, it attaches on the right side of the plate that holds the two cables, it is about 2" below the cables & slightly angled back toward the engine.
    It's a bit of a tight fit to get to but you should be able to get it on with the pipe still in place.
    All the best to your mother aswell.

PS:OsideBill i hope you don't mind me using your pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LH1300BB 086.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	818.9 KB 
ID:	88422  

Thread Information