Thread: Service

Service

Just wanted to pass on some information concerning service. Yesterday I went out for a run and when I got it out on the water, all the symptoms of a grenaded supercharger showed up. So I swam it (yes swam it) back to the trailer cause I didn't want to cause anymore damage than was already done and took it to the dealership. Tom from Charleston Powersports called me and said that it wasn't the charger but water in the #1 sparkplug and the #2 plug was so fowled that it was taking sometime to remove it. He said I missed my service calls and that this would have been addessed, my bad! I normally do all my service myself, I consider myself a pretty decent marine mechanic. But I guess this one got me, cause what I thought would be a warranty coverage is now going to cost me. I passing this on just to remind people to pull your plugs every once in a while, change, clean whatever just keep an eye out. This being said I would rather have this than a grenaded S/C. Bye the way I believe Charleston Powersports is one of the good guys when it comes to dealerships, Tom has been nothing but a big help when it comes to advice and "watch out" for what you hear, and a major supporter of this forum. Later.
    Last edited by RXTeaser07; 07-25-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: can't spell

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by RXTeaser07 View Post
    Just wanted to pass on some information concerning service. Yesterday I went out for a run and when I got it out on the water, all the symptoms of a grenaded supercharger showed up. So I swam it (yes swam it) back to the trailer cause I didn't want to cause anymore damage than was already done and took it to the dealership. Tom from Charleston Powersports called me and said that it wasn't the charger but water in the #1 sparkplug and the #2 plug was so fowled that it was taking sometime to remove it. He said I missed my service calls and that this would have been addessed, my bad! I normally do all my service myself, I consider myself a pretty decent marine mechanic. But I guess this one got me, cause what I thought would be a warranty coverage is now going to cost me. I passing this on just to remind people to pull your plugs every once in a while, change, clean whatever just keep an eye out. This being said I would rather have this than a grenaded S/C. Bye the way I believe Charleston Powersports is one of the good guys when it comes to dealerships, Tom has been nothing but a big help when it comes to advice and "watch out" for what you hear, and a major supporter of this forum. Later.
    Spark plug was so fouled he had a hard time removing it??? First time i've ever heard that...Don't let them BS you...

How do you get water in the #1 spark plug, without the rest getting wet?

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    you get it down the tube the coil sits in from water in the hull of washing.

Cool

Yep I prolly got a little prematurely excited. How would the freakin spark plug be so fowled it wouldn't come out? WTF! They never even asked or told me if it was fresh water or salt water in the spark plug hole, prolly cause they never even checked. When I called the dealer on Fri I asked about the water and he said "well if its in the spark plug hole then its obviously in the combustion chamber." WRONG! I fresh water wash the ski inside and out after every wash, I guess a little water got in the COP tube, didn't think it would be enough to cause a problem, never has before. Sorry guys/gals maybe they're not so good at anything but selling skis.

Banned User
    Were here to help.. Hope you get the problems cleared up!!

Alex

Did you ask him if it was condensation? Warm air going into the SC comes out hot and into the intercooler comes out cold. The IC causes condensation depending on the humidity level, and that goes into the TB and engine - there's no way around it. Did he check the IC for leaks. A leaking IC should be covered by warranty... Ron
    Last edited by King_Of_Fun; 08-01-2008 at 09:53 PM.

They did check the IC for leaks none there. The tech even said the only two ways water could have gotten there was flipping it, or leaving the hose on while flushing it.
    BRP warranty covers no damage done by water intrusion period. WTF isn't it a boat? Should bought a HO.

Thread Information