Riva stage II questions

I finally got back to riding and had a couple of questions. When you start from an idle and up to about 25mph the ski seems to rock back and forth. Is this normal? It almost seems that with the exhaust out that there is less weight on the one side and it is effecting the ski. Also the best speed that I could get yesterday was 73.9. That was with 1/4 tank of gas. I was only hitting 8000 rpms. The trim was 2 bars down. Air temp 72. humidity 80% I would run a steady 71. The 73.9 was a peak # and not sure how long I was there. I need to download the data off the gps and see what max number I was holding at. It seems like I may need to have the prop tweaked so that I could get my rpm's up. Any suggestions? Thanks

Peter

+1
    The side to side motion is normal in all RXP's at that slow of a speed.

You need to take 1 mm pitch out of the trailing edge of your prop and you will be 74+ mph.

What he said. The chine walking is just from the water going over the hull design and it acts that way at lower speeds. You were 2 bars down on the trim, try 2 bars up.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hornet
    What he said. The chine walking is just from the water going over the hull design and it acts that way at lower speeds. You were 2 bars down on the trim, try 2 bars up.
    This is the first time it has every happened. It never did it until I put on the stage II. OPAS and the stock sponsons have been off since I first got the ski. I will start out almost like making a left with the handle bars straight...then the ski hooks up and goes great. I will have to look under the ski and make sure that nothing is coming loose. It seems to do it whatever position the trim is in.

Peter

You may not have noticed it previously, It does chine walk at different speeds when adding mods. The GPR chine walks at about 20-30 mph add the stage 1 or 2 and it does that at 30-40mph but its less severe. Diffferent skis will do it at different speeds and water conditions. The weight distribution will also affect it.

With a stage 2 on your RXP it may have altered your weight distribution and varying on fuel amount and speed and water conditions you will probably see it chine walk at low speed but you won't see any porpoising at high speed. Do you porpoise at high speed?

What are the water conditions like? Where I ride it may seem flat one day but there is usually a current going underneath. My FX HO takes a slant to the left pretty severely at low speeds I just hit the throttle so it hits a different part of the hull and its less apparent.

At low speeds your aftermarket sponsons are just catching more of the water to the left. Which is odd because its always to the left.
    Last edited by Green Hornet; 07-24-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Thread Information