Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Somked a Honda

Somked a Honda

Well I smoked my first honda yesterday. The guy just bought it a week ago and was told it was the fastest thing on the water. I told him I would not be telling everyone that when he asked if I wanted to "Try" to out run his turbo honda. I nicely responded if it will make you happy.

We raced from a dead stop probably 1/2 mile on slick water in a straight line. He said go and I never saw him again when I stoped at the bridge where everyone was watching he was way back there probably 40 skis back. The guy just kept on going.

if you run up on a Honda that has one of NitroSharks full kits on it, the end may be different. I raced one several times and it was very close everytime, my ski stock with only an air intake at the time.

I too have smoked several hondas. Well not smoked but beat. One was a F12X and that thing was faster than I thought. I figured for a 3 seater I would smoke it but it kept up with the GPR pretty well. Light ripples small chop and I slowly crawled away from him.

Another time I was racing a R12X light chop and my FX walked away from him. We stopped to chat for awhile and he said the same thing, that the dealer told him that it was the fastest thing on the water and that it goes 75mph. I was like huh. He said he loves the way it handles but in chop he gets tossed around a lot.

There was a honda out in the Ocean with me and Brian yesterday. Goofy lookin lil ski.

Bet it runs for 10000000000 hours though. Damn reliable engines.

Hondas

A couple of months back, a friend and I were cruising around a local lake (bone stock '05 RXPs) and as we went up in this bayou we saw to blue and white Hondas up ahead of us drag racing back and forth....well when they say us they were on us like flies....we ran them for about a 1/3 of a mile, not sure what models those were but we left 'em like they were draggin' anchors!!

Mick

J3ff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro4Life
    Well I smoked my first honda yesterday. The guy just bought it a week ago and was told it was the fastest thing on the water. I told him I would not be telling everyone that when he asked if I wanted to "Try" to out run his turbo honda. I nicely responded if it will make you happy.

We raced from a dead stop probably 1/2 mile on slick water in a straight line. He said go and I never saw him again when I stoped at the bridge where everyone was watching he was way back there probably 40 skis back. The guy just kept on going.
    Now that I would have loved to see

I hate dealers who tell people shit just to get them out of the door. Dealer tried to tell me the honda was the fastest as well.

I pointed at the RXP sitting 10 feet away and said "How about if that RXP over there beats this honda right here you give it to me for free"

+1
    Beating a Honda turbo isn't anything to brag about. Even the non turbo Honda will take them off the line. From what dealers have told me, the turbo has had it's share of engine problems. So Honda is not the most dependable ski after all.

Richard

Haven't a clue about the reliability of the Honda watercraft, but have owned Honda bikes and atv's since '84 and they've been fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    Beating a Honda turbo isn't anything to brag about. Even the non turbo Honda will take them off the line. From what dealers have told me, the turbo has had it's share of engine problems. So Honda is not the most dependable ski after all.

Richard
    I've heard the same thing. The one dealership that does carry them in the area says the honda aquatrax has had its share in problems. I asked what the main problems were and the service guy just said they vary, some are minor and some are major. He said you won't see as many honda's in the shop because they don't sell as much as the yamis and seadoos.

I don't think its that big of a deal to smoke a honda knowing they only go a certain top end speed. Its maybe that a machine costing so much should go faster.

The R12X is sweet looking but man only if that thing went 70mph out of the box or even just 65mph and have a few relatively cost effective aftermarket parts.

With the RXP going 80 with relative ease compared to the other machines ( meaning not needing race fuel and constant up keep ) they better do something. They got the looks down and quality of build they just need to turn it up just a notch.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information