Finally Got Over 10 Hours, What Now?

My 06 RXP has 11 hours so:

I need to get the oil changed?

Anything else?

I just want to make sure I get everything perfect! BTW its been in freshwater only!

+1
    I would take it in to the dealer for the 10 hour checkup..
    Just to be safe. IT will cost about $150.00.. Some will differ on that they dont want dealers working on thier skis..If your mechanicly sound you can do the stuff your self as in change oil & filter,change spark plugs,and check and tighten any bolts, hose clamps ect.ect.....only thing you wont be able to do is hook it up to the B.U.D.S. system your dealer has to do that..If you change oil yourself make sure you get the right oil..Good luck

snoman

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman
    I would take it in to the dealer for the 10 hour checkup..
    Just to be safe. IT will cost about $150.00..
    Yeah right I wish...My dealer wanted $360...guess it varies on dealersips though.

+1
    Rustydoo thats nuts man..Talked to my dealer when my 10 hours were up and
    Believe it or not he told me if i can do it myself to do it.
    (change oil & filter and plugs)Told if i wanted to bring it in it would cost $150.00.So bought the oil and filter from him and ordered some denso plugs and away i went..
    Snoman

+1
    Changing the plugs at 10 hours on a 4-stroke is ludicrous ! The plugs will probably last longer than any of the SC clutches will. Unless you want to switch plug brands, don't bother to even touch the plugs. If the dealer changes them ( A BIG "IF") chances are he won't even gap them correctly. Buy a suction plump, a new oil filter and some full synthetic motor cycle oil designed for wet clutch use and do the oil change yourself. Check the clamps on all hoses for tightness .....and you saved yourself $$$$ and most importantly you KNOW what was required to be done was done !! I have seen too many dealers out and out screw customers and the 10 hour service is a prime time for a screw job !

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    Changing the plugs at 10 hours on a 4-stroke is ludicrous ! The plugs will probably last longer than any of the SC clutches will. Unless you want to switch plug brands, don't bother to even touch the plugs. If the dealer changes them ( A BIG "IF") chances are he won't even gap them correctly. Buy a suction plump, a new oil filter and some full synthetic motor cycle oil designed for wet clutch use and do the oil change yourself. Check the clamps on all hoses for tightness .....and you saved yourself $$$$ and most importantly you KNOW what was required to be done was done !! I have seen too many dealers out and out screw customers and the 10 hour service is a prime time for a screw job !

Richard
    So Richard, does that mean he should not let the dealer do the 10 hour??

I thought synthetic was a no-no for our skis? Also, is this oil suction pump a special PWC kind, or can I pick it up at Wal Mart? Also, what kind of oil do I use again, preferably the cheapest alternative is what I'd like to know...
    Last edited by Haislip; 07-24-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haislip
    I thought synthetic was a no-no for our skis? Also, is this oil suction pump a special PWC kind, or can I pick it up at Wal Mart? Also, what kind of oil do I use again, preferably the cheapest alternative is what I'd like to know...
    You can use synthetic oil, BUT...only one suited for wet clutch use.
    Amsoil and others have a synthetic oil for this purpose but make sure you get the correct one. Oil additives are added to most synthetic oils that are not suitable to our 4Tec clutches and will promote slipping.

Or..you could just get the Seadoo recommended oil...and pay the Seadoo premium for it.

If you wanted cheap, you should have stayed away from buying a muscle craft. Play it safe and just buy the recommended oil and call it a day. Buying the wrong oil will be more expensive in the long run.

You can buy an inexpensive oil suction pump. Anything that will fit in the fill tube and suck out the oil will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman
    Rustydoo thats nuts man..Talked to my dealer when my 10 hours were up and
    Believe it or not he told me if i can do it myself to do it.
    (change oil & filter and plugs)Told if i wanted to bring it in it would cost $150.00.So bought the oil and filter from him and ordered some denso plugs and away i went..
    Snoman
    I did my own and saved my receipts.

Way too easy to not do it yourself.

Thread Information