Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 ultra 250 bogging bad

I have two 2007 ultras and both of them are not running properly, the blue one will not rev past 5500 rpm. It feels like it is surging and wants to rev,it will not go past the 5500rpm, So I decide to ride the red one and am having the same problem only the red one revs to 6500rpm. I am really not sure what to do. I changed the plugs, cleaned the intercoolers(the blue one had oil in it) and am now thinking to take the ride plates off and look for any problems. I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Kinda weird they both started acting up at the same time.......did you fill them up with fuel from the same place at the same time????

gas

I did, I was thinking the same thing but the red one took 15gallons and the blue took 6 today. I am going to keep at it, I took the ride plate and grate off the red one and could not find anything. I am going to start looking at the bov it had oil in it and the tube that connects to it had oil in it, do you know if this is normal? It seems to start and idle fine and runs smooth to 5500 and then starts to bog and surge between 6000 and 6300rpms.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteMan View Post
    I did, I was thinking the same thing but the red one took 15gallons and the blue took 6 today. I am going to keep at it, I took the ride plate and grate off the red one and could not find anything. I am going to start looking at the bov it had oil in it and the tube that connects to it had oil in it, do you know if this is normal? It seems to start and idle fine and runs smooth to 5500 and then starts to bog and surge between 6000 and 6300rpms.

my guess is check all s/c intake hoses also re-clean oil out of everything it shouldn't be in there and check oil level

bad plugs can have a bunch of weird symtoms.

David

bog

i have a 08 and this weekend my started to bog with 16hours on it . i went to the dealer and changed plugs and it is running fine. ther is a bunch of postings about the plugs i am going to swich to the other one that are posted on the site.

I am going to check all my hoses, I just changed the plugs twice in two weeks. I am thinking that the oil in all of my hoses might cause this problem. I will keep everyone posted.

I found the problem

Turns out the blue one had a leaking hose at the supercharger. I am now going to trouble shot the red one. I took the intake and ride plate off and am wondering if I should try to take the pump off, I was thinking it might be a good idea to check the bearings. Do any of you know any other ways to check these bearings. Also is it a big deal to remove the pump?And get it resealed. My problem is I am not getting more than 6500 rpms at wot. It seams to be getting around 8-9psi I am sure this is due to the low rpms.

Thanks for any help.

i just got the block offs for the valve cover and do not know what to do with the hose that comes from the intake. Can anyone tell me how they go?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteMan View Post
    i just got the block offs for the valve cover and do not know what to do with the hose that comes from the intake. Can anyone tell me how they go?
    you purchased block offs that is what you do "BLOCK IT OFF" pretty self explanatory why purchase something if you haven't researched what it does?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information