...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1

Why No High Boost SC Wheels?

How come no one makes any High Boost SC Wheels?? I mean like 15psi+. Can the Engine or SC not handle it? What's the deal?

I know Piranha has their 15psi Monster, but I ain't spending damn near $3k on it.

I'd like to see a 15psi+ Wheel & Spacer for either the regular OEM Charger or the X Charger.

...and also, is the Rude Charger upgradable with better Wheels, or it "is what it is"?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    How come no one makes any High Boost SC Wheels?? I mean like 15psi+. Can the Engine or SC not handle it? What's the deal?

I know Piranha has their 15psi Monster, but I ain't spending damn near $3k on it.

I'd like to see a 15psi+ Wheel & Spacer for either the regular OEM Charger or the X Charger.

...and also, is the Rude Charger upgradable with better Wheels, or it "is what it is"?
    At this point the Rude is what it is. The X charger hasn't been on the market long. with the price drops recently for both the Rude and Riva's S3 I would expect both of these manufaturers to start offering a modified X housing with new impeller.

The reasn for no boost over 15psi(on SC any way) the fixed drive ratio given by the gear set up. All the SC wheels spin at the same rpms.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    At this point the Rude is what it is. The X charger hasn't been on the market long. with the price drops recently for both the Rude and Riva's S3 I would expect both of these manufaturers to start offering a modified X housing with new impeller.

The reasn for no boost over 15psi(on SC any way) the fixed drive ratio given by the gear set up. All the SC wheels spin at the same rpms.
    So then if Manufactures make a higher Boost wheel, they should technically make a smaller Drive Gear, thus allowing the SC Shaft to spin faster right?

...and that basically means the main thing that is holding everything back is that Drive Gear?

What is the difference between the 215hp and 255hp engines? So obviously my next question is can I make my 215 a 255?

+1
    The main difference is a better SC (X) putting out at least 3+ more lbs boost, and a good (large) external intercooler. Those are the differences between 215 & 255. Basically the 255 is what many of us have run on our RXPs, calling it a Stage 2+, altho we used aftermarket SC wheels and ICs.

The 215 and 255hp engines are identical, only the 255 has a large external intercooler (instead of a smaller one in the intake manifold), a higher boost supercharger, and higher output fuel injectors plus ECU mapped to use those injectors to deliver more fuel. You can make a 255 by just adding similiar components to the 215. A lot of people run a simple setup that is close to 255hp, with the stock 215hp ECU, external intercooler, stage 3 supercharger, and 42#/hr injectors.

Horsepower is just a calculation of torque x RPMs; HP will also go up when using an aftermarket ECU that raises the rev limit of the engine.

Great, thanks for the replies.

When purchasing aftermarket parts, should most of the ski parts fit the boats? I noticed that they don't usually list the boats in the applications.

(I realize these are probably some pretty noob questions)

Kris

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post

I was under the impression that the limitations on boost has more to do with the inherent weakness of the clutch design in the SC not handling the higher boost

Thread Information