Cavitation finally fixed!!!

I have been battling with cavitation outa the hole since I put my green wheel on. I tried removing my intake grate which resulted in top speed gains but that actually made the cavitation worse.
    So I finally got off my arse and repitched my 14/19 +2mm. Bingo!!! As a point of reference my 14/19 measured 8.3mm from tip of blade to flat surface. When I was done it measured 6.4mm from tip to surface. Not quite 2mm as its difficult to be 100% precise. Took me about 3 hours and 8 drinks of Rum to get all 4 blades the same.
    I can now go WOT from a dead stop loaded up with the family and she just jumps right out of the hole. I was hoping to gain 1 or 2 more MPH top end but to my surprise I got nothing.
    I have an analog rpm guage so it was hard to tell exactly what my top speed rpms were but the needle was well over 8000. I noticed however that if I reduced the throttle slightly before repitch it would get to top speed quicker. These engines must have a really soft RPM limiter.
    Anyhow if anyone is hitting the rev limiter and cavitating outa the hole with similar mods as mine you know what you have to do.
    Last edited by cfnnslsq; 07-26-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Montreal, Canada
    Which edge have you repitched, leading or lagging? I've been wondering bout tuning my impeller to my boat to maximize my hole shot. Right now I'm skim coating a wear ring to see if closing the gap that I have between the ring and the impeller will help.

Lakeland, FL
    Always the trailing edge. The Hulk says you might as well toss a prop in the garbage after the leading edge is touched. And you want to start bending at least an inch from the edge, to have a nice transition, and not a sharp kick at the end.

Thread Information