Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cost to export the FX SHO to Perth, Australia

For any aussies out there thinking about importing their own ski, you can check out my post below for information and pricing. I recently imported a Yamaha FX SHO.

Cheers

Luke

http://www.ozpwc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4228

Thanks for posting your results Imorgan. I find it very interesting how much it has ended up costing you. For under $22,000 I got the SHO, 2 years warranty, Trailer, 1st years insurance and 1st service.
    Considering all this will end up costing you $18,000. I feel the Dealers are doing a fair deal. I am happy to pay the extra $3,800 and still have a warranty, no risk of being ripped off, nothing to organise and my ski is put together for me.

Once again thankyou very interesting.

my dealer reckons he only makes $2000 of each sho here in OZ

Quote Originally Posted by plakes View Post
    Thanks for posting your results Imorgan. I find it very interesting how much it has ended up costing you. For under $22,000 I got the SHO, 2 years warranty, Trailer, 1st years insurance and 1st service.
    Considering all this will end up costing you $18,000. I feel the Dealers are doing a fair deal. I am happy to pay the extra $3,800 and still have a warranty, no risk of being ripped off, nothing to organise and my ski is put together for me.

Once again thankyou very interesting.
    No worries. The final cost to import the ski was only just over $15,000 AUD.

That's a lot cheaper then the $22,500 they wanted for it if I bought locally. Obviously the $22,500 quoted includes a trailer and rego - if you take that out of the equation it would be about 20k even. So I'm saving at least 5k AUD

Cheers

Luke

i paid $23950 for blue and $24950 for red where did you get your pricing mate

Quote Originally Posted by shooff View Post
    i paid $23950 for blue and $24950 for red where did you get your pricing mate
    It's all listed onthe OZPWC site....I'm getting lazy - sorry

You have not saved $5k you have saved about $3,500 to $3,800 because you have not allowed for the $1,200 of 1st years insurance and the 1st service free Yamaha dealers are offering with sale.
    I just feel $3,500 is not enough savings to go to take the risk of sending money overseas and not getting any warranty and then having to put it together.

Hey you have had the balls to go and do it and it's been successful so your the one that's laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by plakes View Post
    You have not saved $5k you have saved about $3,500 to $3,800 because you have not allowed for the $1,200 of 1st years insurance and the 1st service free Yamaha dealers are offering with sale.
    I just feel $3,500 is not enough savings to go to take the risk of sending money overseas and not getting any warranty and then having to put it together.

Hey you have had the balls to go and do it and it's been successful so your the one that's laughing.
    I paid $700 for insurance.....plus the 1st service isn't really worth that much. All they do is change your oil & oil filter, tighten the throttle cables etc if they require it and perhaps a quick inspection to ensure everything else is ok....yet they generally charge a couple of hundred dollars for it. If they can't make the money on the sale of the ski, they will make it on the servicing and parts

well if i bought the 2 from america i would have saved approx $15,500 and thats alot of fuel money. i guess i will have to consider this in the future

Great insurance price who is that through?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information