Big trouble SL 650 again! (cooling diagram)

I have a diagram for the coolining system that has the small manifold where the two 3/4 inch lines go into the base of the motor and the three small lines go into each cylinder exaust. The diagram I have has you blocking off the center hose and looping the mag and pto sides together. It also shows that on the exaust manifold itself it has the center to mag water inlet ports looped and the pto one pluged. Can some one tell me why this is? This is not how the machine came stock. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    How about a picture or three??

Quote Originally Posted by chazdo2 View Post
    I have a diagram for the coolining system that has the small manifold where the two 3/4 inch lines go into the base of the motor and the three small lines go into each cylinder exaust. The diagram I have has you blocking off the center hose and looping the mag and pto sides together. It also shows that on the exaust manifold itself it has the center to mag water inlet ports looped and the pto one pluged. Can some one tell me why this is? This is not how the machine came stock. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where did you find the diagram that shows the center hose being blocked off and the looping of the mag to pto?

I had the same set-up on my 92 sl 650 when I bought it and then changed it back to the stock orientation because I couldn't find any information on why it was set-up this way.

+1
    There was a "cooling system revision" service bulletin for all Polaris SL 650's through serial number PLE 04038D292.

The purpose of the rerouted cooling lines was to improve engine performance @ idle and throttle response during off idle acceleration.

The bulletin was to be performed during predelivery setup of new craft as well as sold units which were experiencing such problems including excessive visible exhaust emissions.

b

Thread Information