Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Smile Hello everyone

Im new here and to the seadoo world just wanted to say HI And wanted to ask you guys something . I Just bought a brand new 2008 rxt-x wondering what the brake in process is like what i have to do and for how long also what are you guys running for fuel on these machines .Do i need to do an oil change anytime soon how long before i need one . What do you guys do with the learning key ?

Thanks for all the help guys cant wait to ride this bad boy .

+1
    Welcome to the forum

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Welcome to the forum
    +1...Yes welcome to the forum and enjoy!!!!

follow the book....no long term wide open throttle bursts....but for god sakes don't use the learning key for break in....just vary RPM...no long cruising...and don't hold it wide open for more than a few seconds....(that's for the first ten hours) then at ten hours do an oil change...change filter...lube throttle body...check the plugs...check all hoses and bolts ...tighten loose ones...just give it the once over...or you could take it into the dealer after ten hours to do it for you....but costs money...i did mine myself...not hard lots of good threads on it already...just search for it...enjoy it's a fun ski...well until the hood shock pops off....and it's not if...it's when...i have 17 hours on mine now...one suggestion...after every ride take the seats off and hang them to dry...they catch water like crazy...just message me if you have any other questions...i'll try my best to help you

+1
    You can have your dealer re-program your learning key to be a regular key so you will have a spare.

OBJ

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

break in the ski with dess key.
    let ski warm up good at every put in.
    vary rpm constantly. dont hold ski at same rpm for very long.
    do be sure to do some holeshots and wot short runs during the first 3 hours.
    Ater 3 hours i consider it broke in and then ride it hard. you can still vary rpm but do get some good wot runs. they dont have to be that long but besure to cycle the engine.

change your oil at 1o hours.

also check your ic hoses and exhaust hose after you have run the ski one time. tighten up the clamps if needed.
    Last edited by skoepp; 07-28-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Is the learning key good for after the machine is broken in for less experienced drivers so they dont go full throttle . When you are braking in the machine should you only do it with one person on or does it matter ?

THanks for the help guys .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    You can have your dealer re-program your learning key to be a regular key so you will have a spare.
    OBJ
    Ya know I never thought about that, what does it cost to have this done?
    my learning keys are wasting away in a dark drawer somewhere...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownstang View Post
    Im new here and to the seadoo world just wanted to say HI And wanted to ask you guys something . I Just bought a brand new 2008 rxt-x wondering what the brake in process is like what i have to do and for how long also what are you guys running for fuel on these machines .Do i need to do an oil change anytime soon how long before i need one . What do you guys do with the learning key ?

Thanks for all the help guys cant wait to ride this bad boy .
    Your manual will cover proper break in, varying RPM and some quick bursts of speed are good, but my manual says do not exceed 3/4 throttle for first 10 hours. If you damage your engine they can tell if you went wide open and void your warranty! This is only my opinion, this has been debated over and over on this forum, but we did have a dealer tech come on here a few months ago and confirm they have voided warranty for WOT before 10 hours. Just read your manual and follow what it says. It's your ski, do what you want and have fun.

Fuel---again, read your manual, stick to proper octane.
    Lower octane can be used in a pinch but not suggested for all the time.
    Some have tried to save a few pennies by using lower octane all the time but it's not worth the trouble it can cause you.

You can give learning key to noobs later---if you want to take the risk of having them run your ski into a dock I suppose it's better they crash at a low speed.

Two up during break-in is fine, have fun and welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by YoYamma; 07-30-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Your manual will cover proper break in, varying RPM and some quick bursts of speed are good, but my manual says do not exceed 3/4 throttle for first 10 hours. If you damage your engine they can tell if you went wide open and void your warranty! !
    That's a good reason to wait until after the 10 breakin to buy the extended warranty. How would you feel if the dealer voided your warranty because you hit a wave and the engine hit the rev-limiter... Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information