Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

This really SUKS!!

Yesterday i wasn't going to ride, but my buddies came over early and convinced me to go. Everything was perfect till all of a sudden i can't run more then 6000 rpm. I dont hear the whistle of the supercharger and it doesn't blowoff, So that means my washers took a *[email protected]#. Right?

What really suks is that i was going to install the metal washers i got last week, today or tomorrow.

Now i just need to see if you guys can help me out with some instructions of how to clean out the motor. I've been told that you can take off a side case and clean it out through there. But i'm not sure if its by the same side of the supercharger or what. I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks

+1
    Not good at all!

You have to remove the PTO housing to access the rear oil pump/screen.

There is also a screen on the front of the engine for the oil scavenger pump.

You may want to check out a link in the technical section titled something like "what to do if your supercharger clutch disentegrates"

Is your ski under warranty? If it is i suggest bringing it into a dealer.

+1
    damn bro,,that blows. Bringing mine in tomorrow for the `06 setup finally along with pump replacement. Before I go out on it, the ski WILL have metal washers. This will never happen to me again. Ceramic is CRAP!

OK, I have the RR impeller and injectors with a stage 2. Do I take out the RR stuff or what do you think? And whats the normal turnaround time for this at the dealer?

Thanks jerry

Kind of depends on the relationship you have with your dealer. Some don't care about aftermarket bolt ons with a SC clutch failure. Dealers know these failures occur with or without bolt on mods. Just make sure you get all your mods back when ther'e done, i.e. your RR impeller.

Manny, Just because the sc is slipping does not mean that the washers came apart and went thru your engine, hopefully they will only need to install the 06 sc kit.

+1
    The dealer I bought my parts from told me 8 weeks just till they could get to it to tear it down . Depending on what parts are damaged the parts alone could potentialy run you 1500. The big cost items are the PTO case and the supercharger rebuild kit around 400 each and another 600 for all the oil pump related parts.

Manny - This is just a shot in the dark, but....what type of air intake are you running? I have heard that a kink in the air intake tube will reduce flow/boost and will silence the sound of the s/c as well. Just double-check it before you go pullin' everything apart.

Brendan

+1
    I`d say its pretty much toast. Like burnt bread.

+1
    I'm getting my SC rebuild before my next ride,I have 170 hrs on it and every time I ride it's on my mine.But it's still screams at 8100 rpms.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information