Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: plugs going bad

plugs going bad

i had to change the plugs at 16 hours. the dealer is saying it has to be done on alot of ultras. i have a races car with a supercharger and i know when i am burnning up plugs it is running lean. has anyone that has to change the plugs ever check fuel pressure and what is the right pressure and were to check it? i know so poeople on this site a good wrenchs and just asking a dump ?

35 hours on my ski and 3 sets of plugs ! Last set had a crack in it after only 5 hours of use !

+1
    I had the dealer do the recall on my ski free of charge they changed my plugs too. Since i have been there, i have done mods to my ski I hope that if i go there for an oil change or plug change they dont give me any lip Just do it.. i'll pay for it.
    Good luck

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    I had the dealer do the recall on my ski free of charge they changed my plugs too. Since i have been there, i have done mods to my ski I hope that if i go there for an oil change or plug change they dont give me any lip Just do it.. i'll pay for it.
    Good luck
    Why dont you do stuff like that yourself, very simple to do.........

+1
    Hey i'm sure it is... you know what? I always said that i would never turn a wrench on this machine why? because i don't know enough to do it..
    I have done a few Mods on this ski i was not even sure if i could do it or not.. but i did.. perhaps soon enough i'll start doing my own oilchanges..

+1
    Hey i'm sure it is... you know what? I always said that i would never turn a wrench on this machine why? because i don't know enough to do it..
    I have done a few Mods on this ski i was not even sure if i could do it or not.. but i did.. perhaps soon enough i'll start doing my own oilchanges..
    If you were able to do any mods to your ski, changing your oil will be a cakewalk.

plugs

i called kawi and they said that there is no problem with the 08 plugs that i am the first . can you beleave that.

+1
    drtbk4ever,
    You think so? I might think that you are right.. I was supposed to have the powere filter kit installed at a shop, but because i diddn'y budget my time properly I'm doing it my self. the same thing goes for the Free flow exhaust. I'm having a welder friend of mine weld the bead that Riva suggests so i'm dong for the night. just by reading the instructions I was able to remove the intercooler and remove the exhaust it came out just like Riva said it would...while it was out i gave it a blast of fluid film and wiped it down... Thanks for the Confidence...

Plug recall

Have the dealer complete the plug recall, its not a sfety related recall so they will not inform you even though its a design issue from Kawasaki. The new plugs are 25 bucks a piece.

+1
    drtbk4ever,
    You think so? I might think that you are right.. I was supposed to have the powere filter kit installed at a shop, but because i diddn'y budget my time properly I'm doing it my self. the same thing goes for the Free flow exhaust. I'm having a welder friend of mine weld the bead that Riva suggests so i'm dong for the night. just by reading the instructions I was able to remove the intercooler and remove the exhaust it came out just like Riva said it would...while it was out i gave it a blast of fluid film and wiped it down... Thanks for the Confidence...
    Jeez, I'm still afraid to go anywhere near the intercooler, supercharger. But I have changed the oil twice. Now I gotta get up the nerve to change the OIL FILTER on the next oil change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information