Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    milwaukee ,WI
    Posts
    21

    need help 2003 gpr1300

    hi all

    need some info!
    i have to change my top end in gpr1300

    1.can i use :

    3 - Brand new 90mm Wisecos (hopatcongGPR Big Bore Kits)
    3 - GPR 66E cylinders - Welded boost and bored to the 90mm pistons + plating clearance ????

    2. i'm looking for big''kick'' from low RPM , no need top speed
    any ideas ?

    thank you for all info


  2. #2
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    There is work to do to finish, you will need more than just the hardware. if you are serious, I would contact Lowell Horning to see what it would take to complete the job. http://www.2-stroke-porting.com/

  3. #3
    dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    milwaukee ,WI
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    There is work to do to finish, you will need more than just the hardware. if you are serious, I would contact Lowell Horning to see what it would take to complete the job. http://www.2-stroke-porting.com/
    thank you

    do you think is a good idea? to go for big bore ?
    there is about ~4000$ to spend for project

    can you give me some other ideas ?

  4. #4
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    I have two skis that are both ported the bigger you go the more involved it becomes. If you have good skills take on the project. You can have your damaged top end redone and ported for less and have a screamer. I don't want to take sales away from anybody, I just don't like seeing what happens to people when they get too far ahead of themselves or their skill set. Lowell is a great source for info and work I suggest you send him an email with your needs and questions he is honest and top notch.

  5. #5
    philip_gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,724
    +1
    3
    not a simple question to answer

    the size, position and height of the port openings needs to be correct in order to maximize the HP of the motor

    when the cylinders are bored to 90 mm it changes the heights of the ports

    when you bore out the cylinders you expand the displacement of the motor which changes the requirements for the ports

    this is complicated stuff, engine builders use software to help them optimize the design of the port opening

  6. #6
    dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    milwaukee ,WI
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    not a simple question to answer

    the size, position and height of the port openings needs to be correct in order to maximize the HP of the motor

    when the cylinders are bored to 90 mm it changes the heights of the ports

    when you bore out the cylinders you expand the displacement of the motor which changes the requirements for the ports

    this is complicated stuff, engine builders use software to help them optimize the design of the port opening
    sure , i know that ! i'm just looking for info where can i get all parts and where to go with them
    Last edited by dod; 07-26-2008 at 08:17 PM.

  7. #7
    philip_gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,724
    +1
    3
    Yamaha makes 4 different cylinders

    66V (gp1200R)
    60T power valve (2003 - 2004 gp1300R)
    60T non power valve (2005 - 2008 gp1300r)
    66E (gp800R)

    all 4 cylinder types start with different porting

    so the question is, which of the above cylinder types should you start with if you want to bore the cylinder out to use a 90 mm piston?

    actually it is a 2 part question, because you also have to decide if you want to use a custom stroked crankshaft or not? (approx cost $1,000) by stroking the crankshaft the engine builder has more flexibility in how he designs the motor

    here is one example of a motor built using these pistons

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51839

  8. #8
    dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    milwaukee ,WI
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    Yamaha makes 4 different cylinders

    66V (gp1200R)
    60T power valve (2003 - 2004 gp1300R)
    60T non power valve (2005 - 2008 gp1300r)
    66E (gp800R)

    all 4 cylinder types start with different porting

    so the question is, which of the above cylinder types should you start with if you want to bore the cylinder out to use a 90 mm piston?

    actually it is a 2 part question, because you also have to decide if you want to use a custom stroked crankshaft or not? (approx cost $1,000) by stroking the crankshaft the engine builder has more flexibility in how he designs the motor

    here is one example of a motor built using these pistons

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51839
    thank you so much !

    i think i will stay with stock crankshaft.
    like i sad ,i'm just looking for bbbiiigggg shot from low RPM and if you have other ideas ................

  9. #9
    philip_gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,724
    +1
    3
    the other thing that should be mentioned is I think all of the motors that have been built with 90 mm pistons use the GP1200R electrics (CDI, etc) and use carbs (this is because the 1300 EFI set-up cannot provide enough fuel)

    so to use 90 mm pistons you would have to also use gp1200r fuel tank, carbs, wiring harness, CDI, stator, flywheel

  10. #10
    African-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    2,226
    +1
    88
    what about running larger injectors ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help 2003 seadoo supercharged
    By MORROW88 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2016, 07:18 PM
  2. Need Help - 2003 Yamaha FX 140 Problems
    By jefski520 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 07:04 PM
  3. Need Help! 03 Gpr1300. Seized!
    By jbmayers in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 04:57 PM
  4. 2003 polaris MSX 140 problem - need help
    By orrjoe in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. Need Help With Selling Gpr1300 & Fx140
    By Knr in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 11:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •