no compression #2 cly r12x 2005 27hr help

any body ever had or heard of valve keeper comeing loose and the valve falling into cly? my dealer in nj says they never seen this before . been at the dealer 3 weeks and i might get it back in another 3 weeks . they are only replaceing the 0ne valve and one piston ???? i ask way it came apart, they did not have an answer. the valves and retaner and keeper do not have updated part #?? any info would be a great help thanks guys

I build Horsepower
    +1
    yes, a very common problem.. read this!http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49376

That why I sell a valve spring kit with Titainium retainers. end of problem $495 a Kit

Shawn

do u know if honda updated these parts the ski is still under warr i dont think they will let put in afermarket valve retaner and keep my 3year warr what stoping the other valve from coming loose ,has any one have had his repair before. my dealer said honda will only pay for one valve should i try to talk to the honda rep?

+1
    Honda had to put a whole engine in mine. They did it under "goodwill" instead of warranty since they felt the valve failure was not a "defect".

thanks. did u have to get the rep involved or was your dealer that help full . also how long did it that start to finish

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstinger View Post
    thanks. did u have to get the rep involved or was your dealer that help full . also how long did it that start to finish
    The Dealer was most of my problem, Honda was part of the problem since they did not believe that they could have an engine failure.
    I would guess they are well-aware of the valve problem now since they have had multiple failures.

did u have any mod on your ski and how long was it at the dealer thanks again for the info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstinger View Post
    did u have any mod on your ski and how long was it at the dealer thanks again for the info
    They tried to claim my 'ski was modded due to the Solas impeller and removing the two bars out of my intake grate. It was out of service for a little over two months.

went to honda to ck out my engine. was not as bad as i thought. exhaust valve keepers came loose, one came out causeing valve to stay open so it hit the top of the piston. small nick on top of piston. no side wall damage in cly . teck said it from over revving when ski comes out of the water. so a piston and valve should fix it. they said another 2 week but i can only prey. thanks again

+1
    It is really due to crummy valve springs that let the valve stay down under boost pressure/flow and release the keeper.

Thread Information