Changed out prop... need advise

I finally changed out my prop on my RXT. I have ran a best of 65.9 @ just under 8000 rpm's with these mods... Metal washers, 4in front intake, Gibson muffler Riva grate, Riva opas block offs. I ran 65.9 with a bent-up stock prop and thrashed wear ring. Last night I put on my 14/19.5 prop and stainless wear ring. I just got back from the lake and I have to say the holeshot was night and day faster than before. I could only run 65.8 @ 7500 rpm's. Do you thing this prop is too much for my current combo. I have a XS intercooler, RRFPR, and a X-Charger in the box just waiting for me to get off my lazy butt and install. I was wanting to see how it ran before I put the rest on. What do you think?

www.bluraycomics1.com bluraycomics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieMWD View Post
    I finally changed out my prop on my RXT. I have ran a best of 65.9 @ just under 8000 rpm's with these mods... Metal washers, 4in front intake, Gibson muffler Riva grate, Riva opas block offs. I ran 65.9 with a bent-up stock prop and thrashed wear ring. Last night I put on my 14/19.5 prop and stainless wear ring. I just got back from the lake and I have to say the holeshot was night and day faster than before. I could only run 65.8 @ 7500 rpm's. Do you thing this prop is too much for my current combo. I have a XS intercooler, RRFPR, and a X-Charger in the box just waiting for me to get off my lazy butt and install. I was wanting to see how it ran before I put the rest on. What do you think?

Put that charger on!! I have similar type setup and had the same issues. I wanted to test the ski out after I install the 42# injectors and powerfilter kit. But had same results. The charger is just maxxed out. I just pickked up an rr charger and will be installing it shortly. I expect to have a huge difference in performance and you should expect the same.

I have a XS intercooler, RRFPR, and a X-Charger in the box just waiting for me to get off my lazy butt and install....What do you think?
    How the hell can you stand it?

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    How the hell can you stand it?
    10-4

So when I throw on the intercooler and X-charger I'll get some RPM's?

2-300

you will probably gain two or three hundred when you do the i/c and wheel.

www.bluraycomics1.com bluraycomics's Avatar
    So when I throw on the intercooler and X-charger I'll get some RPM's?
    No doubt!!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Did a similar thing with my GTX two weeks ago, well sans the SS wear ring. Same results, lost RPMS but maintained speed. If you still have more mods to go, this is a great thing, it means you ski has room to grow with out bending the prop or buying new

Thread Information