Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil Warning!

+1

Oil Warning!

05 GTXSC

At WOT I made a very sharp cut to the right. Then sharp to the left, facing the original direction. As I was making the left, my Oil Alarm sounded for about 2 or 3 seconds, then cut off. Does it sound like I am low on oil, or maybe I just tossed the oil around away from the sensor. I rode for about 7 hours yesterday with the alarm sounding about midway, and did not hear it again.

+1
    Im not trying to sound like a smart ass but if my oil light was beeping i would definatly check the oil level..I would definatly say your oil is low.Probley 1 to 1 1/2 quarts low...

Thats what I was thinking but I did not want to sound like an ass.......

+1
    I hope i didnt sound like an ass..I was just thinking common sence wise..

Banned User
    +1
    Another problem is that the G-forces could be forcing the oil away from the pump/sensor. I had this problem with my turbo ZX14 dragbike, and it cost me some bearings and a crank.

These ski's have wetsump oil systems, and if your doing tricks, or pulling prolonged high G maneuvers, it could possibly trigger an alarm. I would tend to keep the oil at almost the full mark if your going to be spinning it.

+1
    I posted the thread to get all ideas...no butt sounders here. FYI, my oil is 1/2 between the bends, always has, always will. I was curious if anyone else has had an alarm sound similar to this situation. Thanks guys. --jeremy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Snoman View Post
    I hope i didnt sound like an ass..I was just thinking common sence wise..
    My type of common sense says to check the level before riding.

Sorry man I did'nt know you check it everytime you go out. And nobody sounded like an ass I was just thinking uhhh check it if it is beeping low seeing as how some people will not even do that....... But yeah I believe I read somewhere that if you are cutting hard and your oil light comes on the g force make it read low for that little second.

+1
    Jeremy,
    Melissa wasnt trying to make you look like an ass.She was just insinuating that maybe you havent or didnt check it..Also there could have been a possibility that maybe you could have had a leak develop while riding leaking out the oil..There are alot of people on here that will overlook the obvious including myself..Shes not trying to start any garbage.Just starting from square one thats all..Sorry if you took it the wrong way...

+1
    No, i didn't take it as insulting. But I was making sure it was known that I had common sense. lol. We are good, and I didn't take it that way.

And by the way...I am not so anal that I check the oil level befor each ride. I do not check it when taking it out for GPS check or a short run just to turn the engine over, but I do check it before riding any length of time. I take care of my ski, but I am not anal.

I got the answer I was looking for...whether anyone had heard of the oil alarm sounding temporarily when cutting sharp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information