Difference in speed from rxt-x to rxp-x

I am just thinking of going and getting me a brand new seadoo, but I am not sure what to get. I know I want the fastest seadoo makes but I am not sure if I should get a 2 seater or a 3 seater. I love to tear it up and go fast but I also love to pull a tube and have a little smoother ride, so I don't know what to get if I do get one. What is the speed difference and handling between the 2?

Banned User
    +1
    I have a T-X, and I would say the speed difference is probably going to be less than 1mph. Now I'll probably get slammed by others, but here's my logic; The weight difference between the two, if memory serves me, is about 18lbs.
    The T-X has a bigger hull and tends to ride better in the chop. It also has 3 seats, which you will need if you want to pull somebody(you need one to ride, one to ski, and one to watch).

The T doesn't handle as well as the P because of the hull/lengh. That being said, there is a lot you can do to the T to make it handle good, if not better than a stock P boat.

So far, I have my T modded with the R&D peformer kit, sponsons, and nozzle, and have gone 73mph. Not bad for a 10foot boat that seats 3. My boat rides really well in the chop. I haven't ridden a P boat yet, but I did ride an Ultra 250 yesterday. I was not that impressed. It handled the chop marginally better than my T, but it wasn't that great. And, it was heavy(900lbs), and felt it. I can cruise at 55mph in 2 to 3 foot chop, which is about as fast as I could go on the Ultra in the same chop.

So, to answer your question simply.....go with the T-X. I was in the same boat as you. I had no desire though to tow anybody, or even take 3 people. I bought the T boat because of the hull. I knew that it would handle rough water better, and the weight was only 18lbs more.

i'd go the T-X too no differance in speed stock

+1
    well look at what you wrote, if you want to pull a tube and have a little smoother ride, there really is only one choice...
    unless you get one of each!!!

"I love to tear it up and go fast but I also love to pull a tube and have a little smoother ride"

Your quote says it all.....Go get the T-X. It is more versatile that the P-X.

+1
    I was shocked this weekend. I GPS'ed my dad's RXT-X all stock with 5hrs. It went 70.5 going with the tide and 68.1 going against. It is definitely an all around 69mph ski!!!

www.bluraycomics1.com bluraycomics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post
    "I love to tear it up and go fast but I also love to pull a tube and have a little smoother ride"

Your quote says it all.....Go get the T-X. It is more versatile that the P-X.
    +1

I'm sold on the P-X. The pump tunnel is a MAJOR upgrade in ride quality, it's glued to the water.
    Try to ride the 2 and make a choice.
    There is a big difference.
    Opinions!!!! Lots of em.
    Last edited by RIDEALLDAY; 07-27-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information