Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Running strong today, at least for me

Air 91, water 86. Full tank. Front storage bin half way filled. Wife on the back.

I was going 69.1 constantly. Just went out for an hour to test my practically brand new 14/19R impeller(THANKS!! RANCART).

I was at 8050 so I know it's pretty dialed. I'd like to bend a little on it though because it feels like it's not pulling in the mids like it was with my 14/18.5 that had +2mm on it. Might be the heat/humidity though.

I think with the bin emptied, solo and 1/3 of tank I would have been breaking 70.

TIME FOR THE SKEGS!!!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the heck with the skegs... you gotta throw the wife overboard and throw all the luggage up front at her floating in the water and get a solo speed!!

We are going to tims ford or piercy priest lake this weekend so just wanted to make sure the 14/19 was running at the right rpms. I'm going to get some good testing done this weekend.

Just got my BOV from Mierven (thanks) so I'm going to redo my plumbing and also try to get the IC to TB closer. Then get the metal washers from TNrxp and try to find a used RIVA SC. Once I have the SC finished I'm going to do the RR exhaust. Then should be a complete stage 2. I'm going to tweak until I get to 73 mph (with skegs). Then put on boost and A/F gauge this winter and gear up for stage 3.

Also going to do jettrim seats, hydroturf, and flame splash guard.

Thats my timeline/goals

+1
    that is great I would have had to make 1 run without the wife and extra stuff all that is definetly worth 1 MPH I hope to test mine tommorrow i am not expecting much I just want to check the air/fuel readinds

Shhr, what are your RXT current mods? just curious,
    thanks

Ray

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    shhr... did those stockers ever make it to you? Let me know if you plan to try them, I'll give you some more info.

Ray... congratulations on the 74+ run. You've definitely earned it =D>

+1
    Hey Jeff they came Saturday Thanks

I installed the RR SC and RR thermo this weekend I hope to test tommorrow my list also includes Riva Thru Hull, RR motor mount, OPAS removed and ride plate filled but not the grate my speeds are now around 67 with a best of 67.9, after I check the air/fuel tomorrow I will install the injectors as I know I will need them for the additinal mods then if I am on the Rev limiter I will use the stock repitched prop that Jeff sent me and retest then i will install the Riva open air and the Riva Intercooler and the GH 15/20 prop

Hey Kinch I would not mind trying that 14/18.5 if you are not going to use it for the next few weeks

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i have a skat pitched 14/18.5 with their race finish... gawd.... it's my favorite prop. mid-range pull out of this prop is UNBELIEVABLE.... and the pitch has worked for me in several mod stages... but i think it's about to go bye bye

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    shhr,

If you try one before you install the IC, use the one that says "stock RXP". After installing the IC, you will probably need to use the one that says "Curt".

Quote Originally Posted by shhr
    Hey Kinch I would not mind trying that 14/18.5 if you are not going to use it for the next few weeks
    My 14/18.5 got eaten by rocks. Watch out for brush creek drop off at cumberland lake it gets shallow if you go past the drop off. I think I'm going to invest in one of those 100 dollar hawkeye depth gauges that can shoot through the hull.

I have my stock prop that is pitched to about a 14/18.5 if you would like to use it. I put it in before my 14/19 and was getting 68 at 8050 so I know it's bent right at least. I'm going to send my 14/18.5 back to impros to clean up. It was just going 65 at 8000 after the rocks. Saw 2 stock RXT's having some fun and wanted to fly past them but it was running like a dog!!

Have fun on your fishing trip. I'm going to try to meet up with TNrxp and get those washers as soon as he can and hopefully cody lets me buy that SC wheel off him and I'll have that done. Then we can do a cruise when you get back and do some runs.

PS
    When I was riding with my wife on the back after cruising for awhile she slapped me on the back so I would slow down so she could talk to me. She said "How fast are we going!" I said 69 (which is the fastest we've ever been 2 up. Last year was 64-65 together with stage 1, this year was 67 with some 6. She said I can tell I can see your neck skin vibrating and my face feels tingly. My necks not flabby either I'm about 170 , 6'. Then I went down a cove at WOT for about 30 minutes it's a REAL long stretch, nothing but glass there wasn't any boats out. It's about 15-20 yard width and after zooming around we stopped and she was like , my face feels like little spiders are crawling around (I guess from wind shock ?).
    It was a good hour and a half of riding. Can't wait for the skegs, SC wheel and washers. Then RR exhaust. Should at least give me 50-100 so I can put a bend on the impeller. I really think that 1mm bend puts some low-mid punch because I can feel a difference in the low-mid side on the one I bent from 14/18.5. This fresh 14/19 has the top end though prob about another 1mph.
    Last edited by Kinchyle; 07-25-2006 at 09:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information