Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Matrix conversion questions

A few matrix related questions,(in search of answer for the conversion.) I may add here as more related question come up.
    From Al's photo page....
    1) Does anyone know what exhaust hoses were used to makes this one up going fromthe hull to the waterbox?

2) has anyone mounted a primer somewhere else besides in the glovebox or a handle bar mount?

3)Is there a real differance between the 750 Starter and a 1200 starter other then part number.Is the 1050/1200 a higher torque model?

4)Here's the fuel requirement with the CDKII's How much more would the 46mm Blackjacks pull?

5)When I run thru the Blackjack carbs,Were can I get parts from if needed? Randy?

6)How and where did they set up a temp switch on the matrix Engine?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	85315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01191.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	85316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	85317  
    Last edited by Keddano; 07-28-2008 at 08:13 PM.

+1
    ttt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    A few matrix related questions,(in search of answer for the conversion.) I may add here as more related question come up.
    From Al's photo page....
    1) Does anyone know what exhaust hoses were used to makes this one up going from the hull to the waterbox?

2) has anyone mounted a primer somewhere else besides in the glovebox or a handle bar mount?

3)Is there a real differance between the 750 Starter and a 1200 starter other then part number.Is the 1050/1200 a higher torque model?

4)Here's the fuel requirement with the CDKII's How much more would the 46mm Blackjacks pull? Need the # for Tim at Nova's,hear he should have ansewers.

5)When I run thru the Blackjack carbs,Were can I get parts from if needed? Randy?

I've been told the Matrix doesn't run a temp switch,I think the single piper can run one in the exhaust pipe like one of the domestics.

+1
    From Al's photo page....
    1) Does anyone know what exhaust hoses were used to makes this one up going from the hull to the water box?
    I'll bet Randy at Watcon or Mark Baxter know. Baxter is back from Russia, give him a jingle??

2) has anyone mounted a primer somewhere else besides in the glove box or a handle bar mount?
    Baxter mounted mine on the body panel originally and I thought it looked like a pimple. If you scan my pictures, you'll see where I plugged it with a black cap. Others said it looked fine, I wanted it tucked away. I always have to open the glove box to get the lanyard so I decided what the heck.

3)Is there a real difference between the 750 Starter and a 1200 starter other then part number.Is the 1050/1200 a higher torque model?
    I think one has a dual ring set up and the other a single sealing ring??

4)Here's the fuel requirement with the CDKII's How much more would the 46mm Blackjacks pull?
    That's a good question for Tim at Novi as I'm sure he's tested every carburetor known to man kind. 321-725-4311

Why not contact Rudi from Jet Works? www.jetworks.net maker of the Black Jack carbs.

No temp sensors, we've always stretched a foot rearward to get a "feel" for temps.
    I know there was talk of a sensor in the head but there were issues with rapid temp changes and inaccuracy's with temps within the engine.
    I think the consensus was installing at temp sensor at the water exit hose but I don't think anybody followed through.
    I think as long as you keep an eye on the cooling system, all is good...but yeah, a warning indicator is a smart way to go.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

temps

was the stock msx sender in the exhuast manifold???the temp issue was why i went with the black msx water manifolds and fuji temp senders on both triple pipe skis.i did notice that the black and red water bars had different hole staggers.i enlarged all the holes to the same size as the head cover and staggered the brass at the pipe adapters as per womack

+1
    Somehow I missed this,Are you saying your running the 140 exhaust minifold using the fuji temp sensor?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...Are you saying you're running the 140 exhaust manifold using the Fuji temp sensor?
    Isn't the Fuji temp sensor mounted in the water bar, not the exhaust manifold?

+1
    Some had it in the exhaust..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Isn't the Fuji temp sensor mounted in the water bar, not the exhaust manifold?
    Correct! that's what has me confused,the fuji is a threaded in one,the 140 is retained by a keeper.
    Beerdart,tell me when you beat me by seconds and make my answer sorta wrong.
    Last edited by Keddano; 08-27-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: BEERDART

+1

Artie

Artie, AL,Randy....What plugs should I run in the Matrix motor?

And the stator cooling cover......Should I run a adjustable valve so I can control the flow if I feel the engine needs more flow? I'll be teeing into the 3/4" incoming water hose and exiting out another pisser.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information