Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AFR readings

+1

AFR readings

I got the LM-1 working and tested my AFR today on RXP.
    Experts tell me if i am too rich thanks.
    1,800 rpm - 11.7
    4,500 rpm - 12.1
    5,000 rpm - 12.3
    5,500 rpm - 12.5
    6,000 rpm - 12.9
    6,500 rpm - 12.5
    7,000 rpm - 12.0
    8,100 rpm - 11.6 to 11.7

Any comments are appreciated.
    Also it was 102 degrees and RAD was 5,600 ft. so with usual 90 degrees it might be more on the money maybe.

+1
    Your AFR numbers are beautiful

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Your AFR numbers are beautiful
    thanks Jerry, just trying to get fine tuned so will have some base numbers to work with before adding the headers. I got the RRFPR set at like 58.5 to 59 psi.

skoepp, what are you using to measure your AFR? How much was it, and where did you get it? Any pics of it? PM me if you wish. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    skoepp, what are you using to measure your AFR? How much was it, and where did you get it? Any pics of it? PM me if you wish. Thanks!

Rex,

This is the meter we are using:
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

Should be able to pick it up for a reasonable price... Since the lm2 is now released.

skoepp did you use datalogging in order to record your numbers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    Rex,

This is the meter we are using:
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

Should be able to pick it up for a reasonable price... Since the lm2 is now released.

skoepp did you use datalogging in order to record your numbers?
    Rex i am using the LM-1 as kp04rxp indicated.

kp04rxp,
    no i wish i had data log. I had to do a visual of looking at rpm and then looking at AFR box. It is a pita big time as the sun has to be shinning on the readout in order for me to read it.
    This needs to be done in some smooth water and not any boats arround in order for you to be able to be looking down so much.

Do you know if we can get a digital gauge to connect to box that could be mounted for beter view. It sucks to have to use duct tape to the glove box and try to read at speed. I just dont want to spend a butt load of money since i only use it everyonce and a while and is not on ski unless testing.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    no i wish i had data log. I had to do a visual of looking at rpm and then looking at AFR box. It is a pita big time as the sun has to be shinning on the readout in order for me to read it.
    This needs to be done in some smooth water and not any boats arround in order for you to be able to be looking down so much.

Do you know if we can get a digital gauge to connect to box that could be mounted for beter view. It sucks to have to use duct tape to the glove box and try to read at speed. I just dont want to spend a butt load of money since i only use it everyonce and a while and is not on ski unless testing.

I know how you feel... did the same thing... its not easy. Next time out I really want to get some additional readings to see how its running with the warmer weather..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    I know how you feel... did the same thing... its not easy. Next time out I really want to get some additional readings to see how its running with the warmer weather..
    The hard part is to remember what the AFR per rpm is before i get somewhere to right it down. I usually just do a WOT check but wanted to see what the readings were per rpm so that i can compare once put headers on.
    They say the headers will be more tricky as supposely the headers can lean it out and with the rrfpr only reading off of boost then it might not be able to compensate for the leaning. I am really thinking of first trying the RRFPR and then if does not work then add the R and D power shot on top to compensate for leaning where the rrfpr want help.
    Anyone think this will work. ??????????/

+1
    How Much Lower Could You Set Your Fuel Pressure If You Used 42# Injectors? Would This Help Fuel Pump Life? Todd

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Todd View Post
    How Much Lower Could You Set Your Fuel Pressure If You Used 42# Injectors? Would This Help Fuel Pump Life? Todd
    Thats possible
    I think that hydro junkie installed the headers on the x without any fuel mods and was extremely lean. I think he then put in 55 injectors and was much better. probably the R and D fuel controler would have fine tuned his x with no problem.
    I just dont know how the x ecu will compare to my 04 rxp ecu. I know the best way is to just add ecu and 50s but that will not happen till this winter so will have to get headers tuned in on stock ecu.
    what do you guys think that when add headers should try 42s or 50s.????????????????????? I got the R and D fuel controler if needed.
    what do you guys think about running the rrfpr and the R and D?????????/
    Last edited by skoepp; 07-27-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information