Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXP NA

RXP NA

I've scoured the threads in here and haven't come up with any info on modding the RXP NA's (155hp)

And yes I know that most people would start with a 215hp or the RXP-X, but I'm not looking for massive power.

Obviously the OPAS system has to go. What I am looking for (is what everyone is looking for) quicker acceleration and higher top speed.

I ride purely for recreation.

I know that 4-tecperformance has an R&D kit for the GTX 155hp, but it does not mention at all if this kit benefits the RXP 155. Also, since my skis are non supercharged, what would happen if I installed a Riva stage 1 kit?

If I totally missed threads that deal with RXP NA's I apologize and would love to be directed to them.

Thanks for your help in advance.

www.bluraycomics1.com bluraycomics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamking View Post
    I've scoured the threads in here and haven't come up with any info on modding the RXP NA's (155hp)

And yes I know that most people would start with a 215hp or the RXP-X, but I'm not looking for massive power.

Obviously the OPAS system has to go. What I am looking for (is what everyone is looking for) quicker acceleration and higher top speed.

I ride purely for recreation.

I know that 4-tecperformance has an R&D kit for the GTX 155hp, but it does not mention at all if this kit benefits the RXP 155. Also, since my skis are non supercharged, what would happen if I installed a Riva stage 1 kit?

If I totally missed threads that deal with RXP NA's I apologize and would love to be directed to them.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Welcome to the forum!!

+1
    Basically you need to make your own kit for your ski as the Riva power filter that's included in the Riva stage 1 kit will not fit the NA skis.

You can run the riva grate
    pump wedge
    OPAS blockoffs (race engineering are the best)
    Solas 11/19 impeller

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for the welcome. This is an incredible site.

I'm a car guy with a fully built S2000, so I'm trying to apply my knowledge there to this. I know that boosting is a very easy and economical way to build power. My S2000 has a supercharger with 386 hp at the crank.

I didn't realize that my crave for power in cars would transpire to the water as well

I'm kinda thinking I should have bought one NA for my wife and a Supercharged model for myself.....but, I have what I have, so we'll try to part this thing together to build speed

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Basically you need to make your own kit for your ski as the Riva power filter that's included in the Riva stage 1 kit will not fit the NA skis.

You can run the riva grate
    pump wedge
    OPAS blockoffs (race engineering are the best)
    Solas 11/19 impeller

Welcome to the forum
    So would the R&D kit that they make for the GTX 155 be something I'm looking for? or stay with the a la carte method you are speaking of?

Also, the race enineering blockoffs....do I just need those or also the hole fillers as well? What about a ride plate?

www.bluraycomics1.com bluraycomics's Avatar
    Thank you for the welcome. This is an incredible site.

I'm a car guy with a fully built S2000, so I'm trying to apply my knowledge there to this. I know that boosting is a very easy and economical way to build power. My S2000 has a supercharger with 386 hp at the crank.

I didn't realize that my crave for power in cars would transpire to the water as well

I'm kinda thinking I should have bought one NA for my wife and a Supercharged model for myself.....but, I have what I have, so we'll try to part this thing together to build speed
    Pretty soon you wlll be able to blow that Honda away!!

+1
    So would the R&D kit that they make for the GTX 155 be something I'm looking for? or stay with the a la carte method you are speaking of?

Also, the race enineering blockoffs....do I just need those or also the hole fillers as well? What about a ride plate?
    The grate in the R&D kit won' fit your ski. You are better off going a la carte

The RE blockoffs come with everything you need to remove and blockoff the OPAS system..... just add silicone.

If you want "on rails" handling you can get the ride plate skegs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluraycomics View Post
    Pretty soon you wlll be able to blow that Honda away!!

Speaking of which, my brother-in-law has an '04 R12X that we need to take care of.

I know this ski can do it, with just a little help

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If you want "on rails" handling you can get the ride plate skegs.
    I'm assuming you are talking about the ones that you epoxy on? Added top speed advantage to this?

+1
    Yep, those are the ones. Most people get 1 mph gain with the skegs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information