Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How bad is it?

How bad is it?

Well let me start off by saying i will probably never let another person drive my seadoo.

So my Uncle is visiting from Netherlands (i live in Canada) and he heard i had bought a new toy and was dieing to try it... so i obliged and let him take it for a cruise. I told him about the steering and how you had to give it gas to steer or you would continue going in a straight line (apparently he forgot) because no later than 5 minutes after he got on, he hit our dock at about 30 mph. I will give him credit because he did give it gas right at the end or else it would have been a head-on with the dock instead of just the graze. What really pisses me off is that he was hot-dogging it and trying to get as close to the dock as possible for his wife to take soem pictures. Needless to say, i ripped him a new asshole after i saw what happened. Like who does this on a machine they ahve never driven, and with a amchine that is not even their's???

Well what do you guys think? The plastric rub rail (not sure if this is actually what it is called) is also damaged but the pics do not show this...It has gouged the fiberglass. I took it out of the water immediately after this happend. Do you think i can just take it to a autobody place and get it filled?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seadoo.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	85403

Name:	Seadoo3.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	85404

Name:	Seadoo1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	85405

Banned User
    That's not too bad...It can be fixed but do take to a repair shop that has fiberglass and gel coat experience!!

To make matters worse, my thru hull exhaust, x charger and riva intercooler all arrived on Friday and now i cant even drive my girl until i get her fixed

I shouldnt drive it if it is to the fiberglass though correct?

Banned User
    You should be fine... I'd fill the scratch with a gel coat repair kit or equivilent until you can get it repaired correctly.

+1
    You dont want to ride it until you seal it up. It is not to bad. I would go to an auto body supply store and ask for 3m panel bonder. It is dark grey in color almost black. You can mix a little bit of that up and use a putty Knife or spreader to put a tight wipe across the area and let it dry for 24 hrs. After that it is rideable. I actualy use a razor blade to apply it on the small stuff. It is sandable so it will not cause any probs when you have it fixed 100%. make sur e you use equal amounts as it is 2 part and mix good before applying. A body shop can fix that no problem.

Thanks for the responses guys...I was just so disheartened cause i sit there waxing the ski, babying it to no end and my uncle has it for 5 minutes and this happens.

+1
    I feel your pain. Been there, done that! Sucks!

Master of the Dooniverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    You should be fine... I'd fill the scratch with a gel coat repair kit or equivilent until you can get it repaired correctly.

definitely an end of the season repair. you can gte by with easy cover up and touch up paint.

I bought a gel coat repaire kit from west marine for this kind of thing. Comes with multiple color mixes and some basic sand paper and stuff. go to youtube and search gel coat repair to get an idea what is invovled. Of course with anything pros make it look easy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information