Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2005 RXT clutch issue

Hello everyone,

I have a 2005 RXT with 33 hours on it. Took it out on saturday and the supercharger did not kick in. I only drove it a little bit, knowing the problems with the clutch washers. In reverse, the supercharger would kick in. That doesn't make any sense to me, reverse is just that cover plate over the jet, right? Anyways I looked at the posted how-to and the link for the metal washers for a low hour machine didn't work. I'm not sure if its something else or would just be the washers. I know there is a whole rebuild kit, but if the washers are easier to change out I would like to just do that so I could still use it this summer. Any advice would be great. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

+1
    What kinda RPMs are you turning??IF they are working in reverse they should be working forward.The Motor spins the same way wether your in forward or reverse..

And Yes the washers are easy to change out..As long as your changing the clutches you might as well change out the spring washers too..

Well that's why I was saying it doesn't make any sense it would work in reverse. I don't know the exact rpms, cause I didn't stay on it much. Full throttle going forward, it was around 5000 maybe 5500 rpms. Then in reverse it would go up to around 8000. I wish I could be more exact, I didn't really wanna mess it up.

What washers do I need? It is an '05 rxt.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    8000 with the reverse gate down??? Take the hose off the SC inlet and see if you can spin the wheel with your finger. Washer install takes a couple of special tools to do correctly. Best to send it to Jerry or get someone with prior experience to do it. You also have to clean the ceramic particles out of the motor or she is a ticking time bomb.

Well like I said I wish I could be more exact. It may have been around 7000 I just know the supercharger had kicked in. I'm sure I sound like an idiot not knowing exactly what my pwc is doing, I just wanted to get it back out of the water so I didn't mess it up. I just transferred the title last week, I had taken it out before to test and it ran great.

Anyways, I guess I will pull it out today and see what I've got. I guess if the washers broke apart they will just be gone?

How do I go about sending it to jerry? Again I'm sure I sound like an idiot.

+1
    What kinda warrenty do you have??If the boats under warrenty take it back to the dealer..THEN have Jerry put the metal cluthces in once you get it back..IF its not under warrenty you might want to find somebody on the boards that lives close to you that may be able to help you out with the pumps.Its nit a 10 min job thats for sure..

You can check the SC to see if the clutches are still there by pullin off the black intake tube that connects to the front of the SC..After you take that tube off take your finger and see if you can spin the wheel freely..IF you can then the clutches are gone..OH ya do this with the ski off..LOL

And Dude you dont sound like an idiot..We all are on here for the same thing..To learn...

Click on the link on the left side of the page titled "SC Rebuild Service."

Or use this link:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

... Ron

Okay well tonight I'll see if it spins freely. Thanks for the quick responses, and the help.

Okay so I checked it and the sc does not spin freely. I can spin it a little bit, but it is really hard. What should I do next? Take it out?

If I were you I would pull the SC and send it to Jerry for a rebuild, especially if you still have ceramic washers in it... Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information