Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

An 08 SC with over 100 hours and here's what happen...

Customer of mine has an 08, was one of the first to take delivery... the guy RIDES... He's already at 100 hours on a 2008 ski and it's not even August.

We had talked briefly about the 100 hr supercharger maintenace issue and what COULD happen and that i hadn't really read much on it yet or talked with tech to know the facts, but be prepared for maybe a light or limp mode or something at 100 hours...

i walked in the door to the shop this morning... 30 seconds later the phone rings and it's him... STEVE! big problem man... i hit 100 hours out in the middle of NYC harbor by statue of liberty and Manhattan and the ski said SUPERCHARGER and then said something else quick and shut down like a kill switch. Ski wont turn on anymore...

he had to be towed in while he was out there with his young son in the middle of the water in a very chaotic waterway... he's trailering it here to me now, so i'll look at it when he gets here...

if there's no other issues and this is all strictly from "SC Maintenance"... i am SHOCKED they get away with this from a safety standpoint. if u were out there by yourself and hit 100 hours and ur skis dies and ur in no man's land... ...

i'll keep you posted... anyone else out there have 100+ hours on a 2008 Supercharged ski? ... i'll see what i find... i dont want to blame it entirely on 100 hours.. BUT it is all too coincidental if u ask me

STEVE

+1
    the safety aspect of that alone seems ludicrous to me as well!

+1

The SC requires replacement when the "maintenance supercharger" message is displayed on the gauge every 100 hours or earlier depending on riding habits and conditions. This is determined by the engine manangement system. The SC will need to be replaced WITHIN 5 hours of the message being displayed by an authorized Sea-doo Dealer

+1
    I reported on this a while back after I talked to my dealer he showed me where they changed the manual. Wait until he sees what the dealer charges for that... this will probably end up being why my next pair of skis won't be SeaDoos...

+1
    It shouldnt be that bad. Just rebuild the charger and reset the computer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    It shouldnt be that bad. Just rebuild the charger and reset the computer.
    yeah, that's what I said...

+1
    i'm not worried about the work.. it's an hours job and it's easy work

but i just dont agree with this tactical issue, and if it does in fact shut the ski down, i have a big problem with that for my customers' safety.. IF that's why his ski isn't running anymore

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i'm not worried about the work.. it's an hours job and it's easy work

but i just dont agree with this tactical issue, and if it does in fact shut the ski down, i have a big problem with that for my customers' safety.. IF that's why his ski isn't running anymore
    I agree with you on that. Worst case scenerio it should go into limp mode or a learner mode. For it to die and not start does'nt make any sense. Keep us posted on what you find.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Maybe it was the person that wrote the programming's error. Mis understood what they wanted the ski to do at the 100 hr service mark. Might be one of the first ski's to reach that mile stone. The guy has to be a hardcore rider. If it indeed shuts the ski down I see a ECU update coming to fix this as the bitching to BRP will be unbearable and a legal liability to them.

Thats ridiculous. They (brp) should not have the ski shut down. A limp home mode or equivalent is understandable.
    I often go for long rides, and if this happened to me, it would be a complete nightmare. Some spots there is no way I good pull the ski out to be trailored. A tow would take hours!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information