Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1

Exclamation Gas in OIL problem

Gents

I just changes my oil in my 250 after exactly 10 hours and it looks like hell.

I just had my ski serviced at 42 hours for GIO ( under warranty) and the dealer told me I MUST change my oil at every 10 hours.

Now I am at 52 hours and the oil looks like hell and I waiting for the mixture to settle so I can take a picture

Now itís out of warranty and I am NOT happy. The boat is running greater but I think I have a $12K time bomb.

If the dealer told me I would have to change the oil every 10 hours I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THIS BOAT.

I really consider this a manufacture defect and should be recalled!

I would not recommend this boat to anyone until the GIO is fixed.

Check out the OCMS at this thread...http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60695

+1
    I've been pretty lucky in this dept. I do keep an eye on it though..
    Best of luck .

ocms is your answer

Quote Originally Posted by woooop View Post
    ocms is your answer

+2

Or you can trade it in for a 08

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenozzy View Post
    Gents

I just changes my oil in my 250 after exactly 10 hours and it looks like hell.

I just had my ski serviced at 42 hours for GIO ( under warranty) and the dealer told me I MUST change my oil at every 10 hours.

Now I am at 52 hours and the oil looks like hell and I waiting for the mixture to settle so I can take a picture

Now itís out of warranty and I am NOT happy. The boat is running greater but I think I have a $12K time bomb.

If the dealer told me I would have to change the oil every 10 hours I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THIS BOAT.

I really consider this a manufacture defect and should be recalled!

I would not recommend this boat to anyone until the GIO is fixed.
    Use the search feature and you will be rewarded with many threads on the GIO issue.

And don't be afraid to change your own oil. To be honest it is the only way you can be sure it was filled to the proper levels. Read Skips blog on oil control.

http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=38

And stop being so negative. I don't understand why people are surprised when they buy a 250 HP machine (that is ridden at WOT a great deal of the time) requires a little bit of maintenance. If you don't like it get yourself a canoe.

Quote Originally Posted by drtbk4ever View Post
    And stop being so negative. I don't understand why people are surprised when they buy a 250 HP machine (that is ridden at WOT a great deal of the time) requires a little bit of maintenance. If you don't like it get yourself a canoe.
    Yep, a 1.5 L running 11psi making 250hp..

Imagine a 8.1 L big block making the same hp / Liter as the Ultra 250 and you'd be making 1,350 hp. Guess, what,, they do put those motors in boats with regularity, and the scheduled tear-down is about every 100 hours, thats if it lasts that long at a cost of about 26,000 dollars. High performance is far from cheap..

I asked my dealer to check my SC dipstick to make sure it hasn't broken off, he said they never heard of such a thing and wanted to charge me to remove the exhaust, I said forget it, if Kawi doesn't want to do some preventitive maintenace and check it for me, they can replace it when it blows. Same goes for the GIO,,, if Kawi wont admit there is a problem, Take your ski to the dealer, have them do an oil change, document it, run it for the scheduled interval and if it blows up they can replace your motor..
    Last edited by Chris288; 07-28-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woooop View Post
    ocms is your answer
    +3

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Yep, a 1.5 L running 11psi making 250hp..

Imagine a 8.1 L big block making the same hp / Liter as the Ultra 250 and you'd be making 1,350 hp. Guess, what,, they do put those motors in boats with regularity, and the scheduled tear-down is about every 100 hours, thats if it lasts that long at a cost of about 26,000 dollars. High performance is far from cheap..

I asked my dealer to check my SC dipstick to make sure it hasn't broken off, he said they never heard of such a thing and wanted to charge me to remove the exhaust, I said forget it, if Kawi doesn't want to do some preventitive maintenace and check it for me, they can replace it when it blows. Same goes for the GIO,,, if Kawi wont admit there is a problem, Take your ski to the dealer, have them do an oil change, document it, run it for the scheduled interval and if it blows up they can replace your motor..
    you dont have to remove the exhaust to check s/c dipstick loosen it with a flex drive socket and remove it with a telescopic magnet
    worked for me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information