rebuilt 780 big bore job (HOT JUGS)

I start the engine and let idle and the jugs are getting hot to the touch but runs great does the breakin have anything to do with this on the water hose?

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    Any ski will run hot hooked up to a hose. Get that thing on a lake to break it in. Run on a hose for about a minute at a time.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Break in does add heat because there is a little more friction than normal until the rings are fully seated.

Are you sure the head gaskets are on correct?

Do you have a thermostat? Check it for proper operation if it's installed. Should open at 143*.

780 hot jugs

I will check the thermostat.I first thought the head gaskets were on wrong so I checked.the little tab on it wasnt under the water port like the manual says.I put the little tab under the port actually a little to the left so I hope that is right.The head gaskets had several ports and when installed the way the manual says it looked like the smallest port was at the entrance from the water rail.hope thats right.Does anyone have a set of chokes for sale?This ski has had them removed for some stupid reason and a primer installed.The only thing with the primer is that it steadily pumps fuel even after the ski is off and when running you can see extra fuel going in also.I lost almost half a tank into the bilge after I let it sit for one day.I want chokes back any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	080728_121903.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	86560  

are the head gaskets on right?

here are pics
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post
    I will check the thermostat.I first thought the head gaskets were on wrong so I checked.the little tab on it wasnt under the water port like the manual says.I put the little tab under the port actually a little to the left so I hope that is right.The head gaskets had several ports and when installed the way the manual says it looked like the smallest port was at the entrance from the water rail.hope thats right.Does anyone have a set of chokes for sale?This ski has had them removed for some stupid reason and a primer installed.The only thing with the primer is that it steadily pumps fuel even after the ski is off and when running you can see extra fuel going in also.I lost almost half a tank into the bilge after I let it sit for one day.I want chokes back any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	080728_121903.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	86561  

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You must have a faulty primer pump. It shouldn't flow fuel unless you push/pull the primer pump.

My suggestion is to buy a new primer kit for a single carb and swap the primer pump. I'd bet that solves your issue.

primer pump

Cool thanks for the info.the jetski poured out about 2 or 3 gallons into the hull just while it was sitting and I was at work and it was coming from up top around the primer.Thanks again

Thread Information