98 XPL step help

Hey guys I am looking for a step to help my fat butt get back up onto my ski. I am 6' 4" 270 pounds and getting back on it in calm water is hard. Getting back onto it in the 10' swells we where jumping last weekend was impossible. I had to climb onto my friends Honda 3 seater and jump on the XP. Is there a step anyone else has used that doesnt hurt performance isnt super expensive and works well to get back on. I have seen some on Ebay but nothing that specifically fits the XPL and I havent heard anything about the rope ladders. I am not opposed to them if they work they seem inexpensive.

By the way jumping was awsome had a great time first time out in something that big. Falling off sucked bad.

+1
    I had the same problem when I had my XPL.. Great riding ski but not the best for my fat ass to reboard either...

I installed and used the aquastep from aqua performance.. http://www.aquaperformance.com/
    I think it was about $175 or so but it's a VERY nice piece and made reboarding that ski easy. Well worth the money if you plan on keeping the ski.
    A good friend of mine also has one on his 97' XP.
    Doug

Thanks man I checked out there site that looks like it makes it much easier. Sucks being a big old shrek sized dude everything is much more difficult. I find I can climb on but cant keep it from tipping back over because the back goes down so far from my weight.

+1
    You'll get the hang of it.. It took me awhile to get used to it and then I could ride 2 up on it with my 8 year old climbing on the back.
    Once you get to the sitting position up on the seat you should be fine.
    I actually think the older, smaller ski's are easier because you can get back on them from the side...cowboy style. The XPL was to wide/tall for me to get on that way.

One thing I was wondering is how does that compare in stability to the GSX in your pic? I've never ridden a GSX before.

Now the kids have me trying to ride stand up's.. I hope nobody has a camera near me..

The GSXL I can clilmb right on more stable for 2 up riding. To be honest even jumping it 2 up was fun and spins easier where the XPL will throw my ass right off. I tried spinning it this weekend and some buoy racing and found it will eject you faster than you can say where did my ski go LOL My buddies got a good laugh atleast.

Thread Information