Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tuners

Tuners

Anyone know of a good jetski tuner/mechanic in upstate NY.Mine just doesnt feel like its doing what its supposed to after the IR holeshot kit got installed.Looking for someone who knows what there doing and can dial my ski in for me. I live in Plattsburgh ny and Ill drive a couple hours if I have too.

I break and lose stuff! DaBigHert's Avatar
    I was going to say bring it to carl.

+1
    Who installed the IR holeshot kit? There are adjustments to make on it which will effect the performance. If you were expecting arm wrenching gains and night and day differences in the ski with this single mod, you were given bad information.

The best way to see if the mod works is to run the ski against another before, then after. This mod does make your holeshot better than stock. How much better? Depends on rider skill and cavitation. Carl would be the man but I can only imagine how slammed he is right now. My best advice is to hook up with some other GPR owners in the area and go ride. They will know if it is working correctly.

I saw your other thread on tuning the valve... I just didn't get around to posting. On my ski I run the valve so no water comes out at 3300 rpms. Then by 3500 it is coming out pretty good but not full force.

Ive got alot of mods done to my ski. Im just concerned about the bogging before it hits.Ill hold it WOT at a stand still and it will bog for about two seconds and then it will take off.Im gonna bring it to Carl and dorp it off.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer130 View Post
    Ive got alot of mods done to my ski. Im just concerned about the bogging before it hits.Ill hold it WOT at a stand still and it will bog for about two seconds and then it will take off.Im gonna bring it to Carl and dorp it off.
    That sounds like a carb or efi tuning problem. It's either too rich or too lean on the low speed circuit.

+1
    how are you bringing it to island??? I was told too busy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer130 View Post
    What mods are done to your ski ? What impeller? Do you have an efi controller? What are your settings? What octane gas do you run? Im pretty sure Carl is slammed right now..

+1
    This is definately a fueling issue....carbed ski i am assuming??...give us a mod list so we can help...we are almost ALL tuners on this forum!!....

List of mods:Solas prop,intake grate, ride plate, trimtabs,Clips and couplers, Flame arrestors.R&D pump cone,Remote carb adjusters and now the IR holeshot mod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information