+1

Quick question about HOURS on an ENGINE

Hey guys -- I'm going to look at a RXP for my friend -- its a 2004 with only 8.5 hours on it... He claims he has only ridden it a few times a year, but there's a chance that there is just a new engine in it... Would the hour counter reset??

Let me know as soon as possible
    thanks guys

He could have just bought a new gauge cluster that has only been ridin for 8 hours.

+1
    I don't think thats the case.. This guy listed it as a "Polaris RXP 215HP Green and Chrome!".. and hes filthy rich.. I'm going to look at it now, ill tell you what happens

Polaris RXP 215?
    Sounds like either a scam or he was trying to hit every search result he could.

If you change the gauge it will reset the hours so that's something to ask about.

Best thing to do is look under the seat, and at the impeller and see if there is alot of wear and tear.

Good Luck

Replacing the engine will not reset the hours, I'm not even sure the gauge cluster would because I replaced the one in my 05 gtx sc and the hours were retained. I think it is stored in the mpem on these older models

+1
    It turned out to be a deal of a lifetime -- I hope.

I found him on craigslist, listing this ski as a Polaris RXP 215 HP Green/Chrome! -- and just for chit and giggles, I called the listed number and set up a time to see this ski. I pulled in to find the house littered with expensive toys including a 2008 Escalade and 2008 BMW M5. Turns out its an RXP with 8.2 hours on it in what looks like perfect working order and FLAWLESS condition, sitting on a 2005 yaught club trailor -- the guy had no idea what it was or apparently what is was worth -- or just didnt care -- wednesday I test drive it to check for SC failure, and then hopefully bringing it home for 5,000!

As long as the SC is in good shape than it sounds like a great deal!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-Pike View Post
    It turned out to be a deal of a lifetime -- I hope.

I found him on craigslist, listing this ski as a Polaris RXP 215 HP Green/Chrome! -- and just for chit and giggles, I called the listed number and set up a time to see this ski. I pulled in to find the house littered with expensive toys including a 2008 Escalade and 2008 BMW M5. Turns out its an RXP with 8.2 hours on it in what looks like perfect working order and FLAWLESS condition, sitting on a 2005 yaught club trailor -- the guy had no idea what it was or apparently what is was worth -- or just didnt care -- wednesday I test drive it to check for SC failure, and then hopefully bringing it home for 5,000!
    Awesome deal! Be sure to change the clutch washers to metal as soon as you can.

Thread Information