Thread: low rpm

low rpm

I have an 07 ultra 250 w/ 50 hrs. , riva stage 1 kit including free flow exhaust, adjusted BOV, holes filled on ride plate, 1 degree wedge. Max rpm i have ever gotten is 7690. Max gps speed is 67.5 mph. I know its hot and humid in Texas but I think it should do better. I want a 70 mph ski and w/ these mods I should have one. Any answers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry k View Post
    I have an 07 ultra 250 w/ 50 hrs. , riva stage 1 kit including free flow exhaust, adjusted BOV, holes filled on ride plate, 1 degree wedge. Max rpm i have ever gotten is 7690. Max gps speed is 67.5 mph. I know its hot and humid in Texas but I think it should do better. I want a 70 mph ski and w/ these mods I should have one. Any answers?
    1 welcome to greenhulk
    2 Search for low rpms in the 250 forums. I bet you'll find your answer!

+1
    That speed is close to what you should be getting in these temps. You say you adjusted the BOV. Did you adjust the stock one or did you block off. Adjusting the stock one has not worked for many people. If that what you did, I would go ahead and block it off. Also, you say you have the stage 1 kit. Did you install the intake grate that goes along with it? If so, that will scrub your speed 1-2 mph. Next, you need to get more air to the engine. Try the cold air flat filter. Also, look at the RAM air mod. There are many things out there for you to check out. Check skips page.

+1
    Also, check your gaskets. They have been a big cause of lost rpm's. Also, at 50 hours you may want to check the gap between the impeller and the pump housing. Could be worn too much.

Your RPM is very close to what i get though my top speed is 64 mph on GPShow hot is in Texas now adays here where i live is 120 F and 90% humidity

In real world you are fine.
    In brochure world you should be 70+.

I went out today and pulled out 7640RPMs on my very first run. Then after that I couldn't get over 7500. Speed was 65.6mph. I live in southeast texas, so our humidity and temp should be about the same. You should still be pulling higher numbers with your set up. I assume. I know this thread is old, but I didn't want to start a new thread of the same thing. Have you solved your problem yet?

Thread Information