Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New X Boat!!

New X Boat!!

Well here is the story. I got out of racing motorcycles and took a ride on an RXP. I was sold. Went to the Dealership and bought an 07 RXT with 16hrs on it with a 3yr extended warranty. Great deal! 9500 OTD. The boat was awesome for 2 weekends. THEN, I found this forum and learned about the wonderful washer problems we have with the SC. I ordered the Riva washers on the Parts website and was going to send the SC to Jerry the following week. I took it out on Sunday and CER PLAM. 30HRS dead in the water. The Riva Washers got here on Monday the day after. I knew what had happend right away. Brought it to the dealer and they had it for 2 weeks. Did the metal washers from Sea Doo along with the oil pumps and oil, so I still have the Riva's.
    Got it back and brought it out to the water at 0930. Ski broke at 0934. Guess they didn't get all of the ceramic out. It was Sat so I called them up. Told them what happened and they said to bring it back. I took it to them and said that I was going to have to leave it with them again. URRRR.. I was pretty upset. With a lot of talk got them to take my RXT back and to take the total of what I paid for it amd put it on a new T-X. They did it! Great working with these guys. 13000 OTD plus the gas card. Now I am the proud owner of a 08 RXT-X and I cant wait to see what it can do. I have 6 hrs on it with only 4 more to go before I can plug the Yellow key in her. CAN'T WAIT!!

By the way this forum is the best place for an outsider of this great sport get info and meet good people.

+1
    Awesome glad you had a dealer take care of you...

NOW toss that dfam white learning key to the side. You sahould have never used it for break in.

It is time to pull some throttle and get on her for a about 5-25second burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Awesome glad you had a dealer take care of you...

NOW toss that dfam white learning key to the side. You sahould have never used it for break in.

It is time to pull some throttle and get on her for a about 5-25second burst.

+1
    Do some short WOT bursts now to get those rings seated!!

Really? Well yeah, that does make sense. (Seating the Rings) I will probably throw that key to the side and vary my RPMS up and down for the next 4hrs wit hthe yellow. Thanks for the tip.

You're one lucky SOB, that's a great dealer!
    You're gonna love that ski, big time!

+1
    So Mikey, what happened to you sunday? Went lookin for you but the rain came and damn did it rain. Wondered if you broke down again haha. Can't believe you already have 6 hours on that thing! Musta went out sunday too, huh? We need to exchange #'s. Nice boat and I'm very happy for you. But now I don't have the only "X" boat at New River! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Congratulations dude!! Silver Bullets rule!

+1
    congrats on your new ski. you got a heck of a dealer.

by the way get rid of the white key and ride hard. break it in good.

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    i dont even know where my white key is..

Congrats! And like everyone says, throw away white key and break in by constantly varying the RPMS!

Do yourselves a favour guys and dont just get rid of the white learner key,,...get it programmed by the dealer with BUDS up to the yellow key spec. Then you can surprise a few people who want to race you on the water,.---"jeez, that thing hauls with the learner key"
    Plus its a good idea to have a "real" spare key.

Cheers

Chris.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information