Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waveraider rpm

Waveraider rpm

Explain the rpm thing. Where should my waveraider be stock? Where should i want it to be with an different impeller? I have already figured where im going with the ski. Im going to ship off my stock carbs and intake to groupk. Bump the compression up with either stock head milled or aftermarket head so i can keep my stock head. Ive got a pro tec shorty ride plate coming and will true my hull. Stock intake grate with center bars cut out and smoothed. Im looking for top end speed. I want to hit 65gps. Right now i only have a pro tec intake grate and solars xo. Buttom of the hull is beat up. Best i could do on gps in light ripples is 56.2. I believe on glass water i should be in 58. I dont understand if i need more rpms or less with more pump pressure...stuff like that...

+1
    where you get the ride plate im looking for one

Quote Originally Posted by johnson7454 View Post
    Explain the rpm thing. Where should my waveraider be stock? Where should i want it to be with an different impeller? I have already figured where im going with the ski. Im going to ship off my stock carbs and intake to groupk. Bump the compression up with either stock head milled or aftermarket head so i can keep my stock head. Ive got a pro tec shorty ride plate coming and will true my hull. Stock intake grate with center bars cut out and smoothed. Im looking for top end speed. I want to hit 65gps. Right now i only have a pro tec intake grate and solars xo. Buttom of the hull is beat up. Best i could do on gps in light ripples is 56.2. I believe on glass water i should be in 58. I dont understand if i need more rpms or less with more pump pressure...stuff like that...
    did you get a tach?
    what rpm's are you running now?

http://www.ocperformancemotorsports....de-plates.html

link to the ride plate and lots of other parts for our skis.

No i havent gotten to read my rpm's yet but i have a tiny tach on the way. So i was wondering what i should be running with the solars xo. I would have just pm you mark but i figured i would post it in case anyone else needs the info.

7200 I think is what the stock pipe is setup for.....which is the most rpm you want to turn...anything over that and your not utilizing the power band.
    although that may be debatable..

Marley Creek, MD

No i havent gotten to read my rpm's yet but i have a tiny tach on the way. So i was wondering what i should be running with the solars xo. I would have just pm you mark but i figured i would post it in case anyone else needs the info.

Thanx for the link. Not to hijack, but are moflow intake grate and the Pro-tec ride plate, will they make any improvement on stock ski (raider 701 95' -- not worried about top speed. Rough water and acceleration)

Quote Originally Posted by 95yami701 View Post
    Thanx for the link. Not to hijack, but are moflow intake grate and the Pro-tec ride plate, will they make any improvement on stock ski (raider 701 95' -- not worried about top speed. Rough water and acceleration)
    yes! in rough water these grates will make the ski a different machine on hook up. You wont get that unload and load in rough water.

Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    7200 I think is what the stock pipe is setup for.....which is the most rpm you want to turn...anything over that and your not utilizing the power band.
    although that may be debatable..
    i might debate that one

gotcha- a completely stock raider runs 6500 rpm's-the rev limiter is set at 7050rpm's -stock compression is around 120psi-you want to ultimately be between 6900-7000 with 150psi but it might take 44carbs or better to get there-with stock 38carbs,150psi and your xo prop you will probably be about 6750-6800 im guessing-you will have to find smooth water to get accurate tach readings and if you havent already get the commercial tiny tach which updates much quicker-hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by big raider View Post
    gotcha- a completely stock raider runs 6500 rpm's-the rev limiter is set at 7050rpm's -stock compression is around 120psi-you want to ultimately be between 6900-7000 with 150psi but it might take 44carbs or better to get there-with stock 38carbs,150psi and your xo prop you will probably be about 6750-6800 im guessing-you will have to find smooth water to get accurate tach readings and if you havent already get the commercial tiny tach which updates much quicker-hope this helps
    thats helps alot. thanks alot again. whats the 1200 rpm set at?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information