05 RXT New Member With Mod Questions

I have a stock RXT with 18 hours and I really want more bottom end, top end would be just a bonus. There are a lot of options out there I see and I read the Hulks beginner guide and all but Im still a little overwealmed. I want to modify slowely as I am EXTREEMELY concerned with reliability. My Riva washers are on order and I will be doing that this weekend. After that were would I get the most reliable bang for my buck. Thanks gents!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    4" fresh air intake, wedge and skegs to start. All bolt on and no reliability issues. After that green wheel or better and external IC. By then you will have enough knowledge to make your own decisions.

Wedge concern

Thanks for your feedback! I am a little concerned about the way the wedge will make the ski handle through the buoy course. I wish I had trim however I would prefer keeping the front end down for better hook up mid range. Is my asumption correct? Should I skip the wedge then? Thanks again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lateapexRXT View Post
    Thanks for your feedback! I am a little concerned about the way the wedge will make the ski handle through the buoy course. I wish I had trim however I would prefer keeping the front end down for better hook up mid range. Is my asumption correct? Should I skip the wedge then? Thanks again
    Well, if you are racing, what class are you running? If stock class, do a 4" air intake, prop and intake grate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Well, if you are racing, what class are you running? If stock class, do a 4" air intake, prop and intake grate.
    and an rxp..

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lateapexRXT View Post
    Opposite, less hull in the water the better it turns. You want the ski's turn point as close to the pump as possible. This is the reason the RXT's have such a wide turn. Adding the skegs make it grip better also. RXT and bouys do not go together, BTW.

Thread Information