Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC Clutch Woes! 04 RXP

A little prelim diagnosis I just did, I started it and squeezed the hose from the SC to the Intercooler, reved the engine and no pressure build-up (in fact, seems like its drawing a vacuum. I pulled the intake tube off of the inlet side of the supercharger and you can spin the SC blades as freely as a turbo (no resistance what so ever). I am pretty sure from this that the washers have disintegrated. BTW: I just turned 105 hours on the engine

I dont know if I bought an extended warranty, I am waiting for the dealer to get back with me (and praying)!

Does anyone know if Sea-Doo says anything about replacing these periodically as a maint item? If I would have known, I would have gladly taken it in and had it done!

Is this something that pretty much happens to everyones SC'ed Sea-Doo? It burns my A$$ that I spend $33,000 with Sea-doo (between the RXP and the Jet-boat), especially if this could be considered a defect (I would expect that these machines are expected to last more than 105 hours without pulling the engine for a major overhaul!)

Anyone talked about a class action suit for all plaintifs to be reimbursed for the repairs that they have had to do???

Well, enough of my rant, I love my ski, but am just sick about it right now.

Thanks!
    Bob Edgar

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    send me a PM with you VIN # and i'll see if u still have a warranty on the machine if u like...

friebe1 already checked it for me, warranty is up.

Will the OEM rebuild kit that you guys are selling have steele washers or the same ceramic ones? I am going to pull the SC and see if they are there or gone, if they are there, I dont see that I have the option to install steel washers on the 04

Thanks!
    Bob

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if the ceramics are gone, chances are ur gonna need oil pumps, and a cover for the pto side of the motor, plus a clutch kit, and some other small stuff.

all OEM clutch kits come with ceramics.

Green hulk wil be selling metal washers in about a week... the best alternative is getting a 2006 clutch kit and throwing the ceramics in the garbage and putting the metal clutch washers in there.

Just wondering how it ran the last time you rode it? Our 04 was 7900 rpm at WOT and now it's down to 7200 and also shudders a bit at WOT.

A good friend has worked at the dealer for years and says unless it's trashed, they won't do anything. He said he'd be happy to rebuild it at my place, but BRP can deny a claim later if someone works on it.

He also claimed there is a special lubricant to use with the ceramic washers and if it's not used, the rebuild won't last.

Runs smooth and everything, no shuttering, but no power and only gets about 50 MPH (6500 RPM's) total. There is absolutely no resistance when I spin the SC blades with my fingers so I am assuming that they are disintegrated, but I have not pulled the SC yet to look and see. I am going to call Sea-Doo today and see where I can get, ill post it after I talk to them.

Thanks

Bob Edgar

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwcindustries
    He also claimed there is a special lubricant to use with the ceramic washers and if it's not used, the rebuild won't last.
    This is not true. That lubricant is washed away upon startup by the engine oil.

From what I am hearing, no matter what lubricant is used, the ceramic washers wont last

+1
    cermic sux!

Well, I talked to BRP customer relations on the phone and they started a file for me. They told me to get it into the dealer and have them look at it. The in turn want the dealer to call with my file number and they will talk about doing a goodwill adjustment once they know the exact extent of the damage. I guess this could potentially be good news.

Thanks
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information