Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carb oil line clamps on a 2000 xl1200 ltd.

I bought a set of 3 very small clamps (SeaDoo parts) to put on the oil lines running to the carbs. I want to replace the plastic ties that Yamaha places on them from the factory because I have read of several failures resulting in a burned cylinder. It's very hard to see the carbs on this model, a 2000 xl1200 ltd. Does anyone know if this can be done without removing parts? Does the stinger have to be removed? Thanks...

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    You must removr the stinger

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    You must removr the stinger
    No doubt.

Thanks guys for the info.... I found Cajun's site for instructions on removing the stinger. It doesn't look that hard if I follow the directions.

I also ordered a set of Yamaha sponsons (now called stabilizers) online today. My ski is unstable at slower speeds and I learned Yamaha redesigned the sponsons and offered free replacements until 2005. They were $72 delivered and the RIVA ones are 3 times more.
    Last edited by LakeDog; 07-29-2008 at 06:01 PM.

+1
    The pipe is not that hard to pull. Good luck and ask for help if you get in a bind.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeDog View Post
    Thanks guys for the info.... I found Cajun's site for instructions on removing the stinger. It doesn't look that hard if I follow the directions.

I also ordered a set of Yamaha sponsons (now called stabilizers) online today. My ski is unstable at slower speeds and I learned Yamaha redesigned the sponsons and offered free replacements until 2005. They were $72 delivered and the RIVA ones are 3 times more.
    I just posted a thread about the unstable bitch that I have at partial throttle:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67432

So when you order them are you ordering them for YOUR ski or a later model?

Good luck getting those clamps on. I considered them but couldn't figure out a way to get them properly crimped. Let us know how you do that!

+1

That price seems really steep for stock sponsons...
    I retrofitted some of the newer XLT sponsons on a wave venture a few years ago and thought I only paid about $30 shipped for both from boats.net

I called Yamaha directly and spoke with a tech guy. He told me any new factory sponsons (stabilizers now) I buy will be an updated version that will greatly help with the instability and leaning at mid range speeds. I searched online and found the best price was $27 each. The part numbers matched the new part numbers found on Yamaha's website; www.yamaha.com.
    The very small SeaDoo clamps I bought to place on the carb oil lines are just normal screw down clamps. They tighten by turning a screw and should be easy to install once I get access to the 3 carb oil lines... Gettiing access, that's the hard part on this ski...

I called Yamaha directly and spoke with a tech guy. He told me any new factory sponsons (stabilizers now) I buy will be an updated version that will greatly help with the instability and leaning at mid range speeds. I searched online and found the best price was $27 each. The part numbers matched the new part numbers found on Yamaha's website; www.yamaha.com.
    The very small SeaDoo clamps I bought to place on the carb oil lines are just normal screw down clamps. They tighten by turning a screw and should be easy to install once I get access to the 3 carb oil lines... Gettiing access, that's the hard part on this ski...
    I know you don't want to hear this but I just ordered them from the online store here for $16.43 ea!!!! Right at $40 shipped

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information