Bigger IC piping with b kit

anyone tried running bigger IC piping on a ski with a b kit? I assume the bigger piping would help for some more boost but don't know if we might sacrifice the way it runs on bottom or what affect it should make period. I figured a bigger 4' intake, modified j pipe for more flow, the IC is somewhere that could definately use some more diameter with the boost the b kit makes just wanted to see what input you guys had.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Well on cars you can use 2.5" up until about 15-18psi so I dont think going bigger on this setup will cause any effect, probably negative one by loosing pressure on a bigger pipe.....Who knows....THe pipes are relatively close to the engine....

Im planning on getting aluminum piping made for the riva IC so I figured it was worth asking, anyone tried it on the ski yet?

+1
    Hummm...I guess not...Where are you getting them done down here?

there is a place called Miami Muffler, they are expensive but they do a ton of intercooler setups.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by excess
    there is a place called Miami Muffler, they are expensive but they do a ton of intercooler setups.
    Yup, Miguel is the best of the best that's for sure.

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Anyone try building some kind of ice box setup for their intakes or Intercooler?

For guys looking to make their ski go fast on short runs, because it wouldn't be too practicle for people that ride all day...coil up some extra intake tube(for people with custom intakes) and make it fit somewhere that can hold water...modify your front buckets, and submerse the hose coil in ice, Water, and like a cup or too of salt! Salt will melt the ice, but not raise the temp of the water, so the water temp could be like 28 degrees...yeah I watched Mythbusters last night!!!

They cooled a 6pk o beer in under 5 min with the can in Ice, Water, and who knows how much salt. It took 10min for Ice and Water (increases the heat trancfer when its in water). Took 30 min in just ice.

And well a CO2 fire extinguisher only took 3 min to get the beer below 37degrees.

20 or so lbs of ice/water probably isn't much at all if temps can be lowered a handfull of degrees.
    Last edited by majundecid; 07-27-2006 at 11:38 AM.

The question is how long will the ice water stay cold with a constant supply of warm water flowing through the tubes. I would expect this to cool down the water going to the IC but there is a tremendous amount of flow so I would not expect the ice water to stay at a nice cold temp for long.

Now if we could figure out a way to KEEP the water cold!!

Quote Originally Posted by majundecid
    Anyone try building some kind of ice box setup for their intakes or Intercooler?

For guys looking to make their ski go fast on short runs, because it wouldn't be too practicle for people that ride all day...coil up some extra intake tube(for people with custom intakes) and make it fit somewhere that can hold water...modify your front buckets, and submerse the hose coil in ice, Water, and like a cup or too of salt! Salt will melt the ice, but not raise the temp of the water, so the water temp could be like 28 degrees...yeah I watched Mythbusters last night!!!

They cooled a 6pk o beer in under 5 min with the can in Ice, Water, and who knows how much salt. It took 10min for Ice and Water (increases the heat trancfer when its in water). Took 30 min in just ice.

And well a CO2 fire extinguisher only took 3 min to get the beer below 37degrees.

20 or so lbs of ice/water probably isn't much at all if temps can be lowered a handfull of degrees.

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    No... it would be separate...

Warm water would never touch it. it would probably stay below Ice cold like 28 degrees for about an hour a least. well maybe less, since there will be a lot of heat comeing from the engine area.

Thread Information