Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about crossing over to kawasaki

I currently ride my seadoo the most and would like to get rid of it and get a different ski. I have been looking around and found that they are WAY cheaper than seadoos. I looked on ebay and you can get a brand new ultra 250 for 8700 bucks! I found an 07 at a local dealer for 7900, but I am just wondering why are they so much cheaper?

+1
    They suck fuel like no one's business... great chop ski though...

Times are tough, no one likes to pay for premium when your ski can suck it down at 20+ gallons per hour .

+1
    a point i always argue.......get a 15f

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarlust View Post
    They suck fuel like no one's business... great chop ski though...

Times are tough, no one likes to pay for premium when your ski can suck it down at 20+ gallons per hour .
    all big HP ski can suck that much fuel.

I believe it comes back to how and were u want to ride.

if it smooth to mild chop 15f will be ok

if it rough /open water and you want performance than 250x, storage u go ultra, you can nearly put a 15f in the front of a ultra !!

both got pros/cons

UltraTN has got both he likes both for different reasons, he will give you the best unbiased opinion, dont listen to a 1 sided arguement from the rest of the one ski owners.

Yeah I really dont like the looks of the 15f, I just wanted to get an ultra 250 because seadoo is to much bs with the warranty and is a lot cheaper. I guess I would pay for it in fuel costs though.

Yes you would indeed. The specs say that the 250X will drink 70 liters/hour...or 18.5 gallons/hour @ full throttle. Keep in mind the tank is just that... 18.5 gallons. Obviously the ski won't be run at full throttle but still...even at half throttle you get 2 hours of play time and it must be run with a minimum of 90 octane. If you do get one, keep an eye on the supercharger as well. I have noticed that the bolts securing the two halves together loosen up after a little while with the '07's.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    Yes you would indeed. The specs say that the 250X will drink 70 liters/hour...or 18.5 gallons/hour @ full throttle. Keep in mind the tank is just that... 18.5 gallons. Obviously the ski won't be run at full throttle but still...even at half throttle you get 2 hours of play time and it must be run with a minimum of 90 octane. If you do get one, keep an eye on the supercharger as well. I have noticed that the bolts securing the two halves together loosen up after a little while with the '07's.
    actually in the specs its a 21.6 gallon tank, and with the R& D fuel pickup, you can access a little over 22 gallons of fuel, and get 80 miles to a tank, all these high horse power skis burn a lot of fuel, just ther nature of the beast..........................

I thought I was goig to be a bit off with the tank capacity We use the metric system up here and I was trying to do a rough conversion for what I could remember from back in the day. The metric specs show a 70L tank and consumption of 70L/hr @WOT. The big machines certainly do drink it quickly.

A customer from a previous job bought one and said he doesn't get much more than a couple of hours out of his machine before needing to refuel. He lives not far from me and I noticed he's only been out about 3 times this summer There are lots of pros and cons to each side of the coin...you just have to determine what you would consider them to be.

You could be ok with the fuel costs but what about the size of the ski, it's weight or design? I have tested some skis that had tons of power but found the front cover and handlebar shrowding to be poorly designed. Get some water sitting around there and then bring it up to top end, that water flew off there and directly at the face...at 50+ mph, it feels like you're either racing in a hurricane or getting shot by a 12guage. It really took the fun out of riding it . There's lots to look at aside from the guzzling factor...but as it was mentioned before...guzzling will be #1 when the cost of living is at it's all time highest.

I wish everyone would wake up and realize all the force induction skis suck fuel, it takes air and fuel to make horsepower. And for the record its not premium, its a minimum of 90. The U250 does have a longer range than an rxt also, yes the rxt has a smaller tank but not by much. My buddy has a 12f, he bought it for the fuel consumption. Its worth every penny when I blow by him like hes standing still when we ride. Actually it sucks because Im tired of waiting on him all the time. He is so sorry he chose to let the fuel thing sway his choice on which to buy. Buy what you want but just remember its no fun playing catch up everytime you ride. Or you can buy a 15f, get an RPM kit and still be slower than a U250. Now someone with a 15f yell at me.

Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    I wish everyone would wake up and realize all the force induction skis suck fuel, it takes air and fuel to make horsepower. And for the record its not premium, its a minimum of 90. The U250 does have a longer range than an rxt also, yes the rxt has a smaller tank but not by much. My buddy has a 12f, he bought it for the fuel consumption. Its worth every penny when I blow by him like hes standing still when we ride. Actually it sucks because Im tired of waiting on him all the time. He is so sorry he chose to let the fuel thing sway his choice on which to buy. Buy what you want but just remember its no fun playing catch up everytime you ride. Or you can buy a 15f, get an RPM kit and still be slower than a U250. Now someone with a 15f yell at me.
    Where I live, middle grade is 89. I would have to use premium to meet that requirement.

Would I trade off the 1 octane point, and use middle grade to save some money? Nope....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information