+1

R&D SHO Anti-Cavitation Cone now available

These are ready to ship out

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=920

thanks,
    Jerry

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    This is the definition from the online store...............The R&D SHO Anti-Cavitation Pump Cone Kit will reduce overall internal pump cavitation within the Yamaha's offset reduction/compression nozzle design. The O.E.M. reduction/compression nozzle is offset, while the O.E.M. pump cone/bearing cap remains straight which causes uneven pressures within the pump and reduction nozzle. The R&D Anti-Cavitation Pump Cone is offset and reshaped to match the O.E.M. reduction nozzle offset promoting even pressures, which will substantially reduce cavitation, increase pump hook up, boost acceleration, and increase top speed performance.

Waht kind of performance results can we expect by installing this....outside of the generic performance increase description???

Is it a "
    longer more gently tapered one improves topend where as a shorter concave tapered one improves bottom end boost".....where does it fall in this category?
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 07-31-2008 at 08:36 PM.

Ya, does it actually work? If so $90 is still a lot for a little cone.

Quote Originally Posted by andygpr748 View Post
    Ya, does it actually work? If so $90 is still a lot for a little cone.
    Exactly, us GPR guys know that the one for the GPR was not money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Exactly, us GPR guys know that the one for the GPR was not money well spent.
    +1 Most of us realised if you had the Pump Seal Kit it was not worth it.

bump.
    Any results???

im going to ask this as quietly as possible

Jerry have you done any testing and can you feeel us in on anything

Banned User
    +1
    I hope this helps. I got the anti-cavitaion cone for my 08 RXT-X. It came with the performer kit, and up until last week, it just sat on my shelf. Well, I put it on last week because I was bored. My RPM had been creaping up to about 8120 or so. When I installed this cone, the RPM only dropped to about 8100.....but, and I'm not sure why this is, I gained about a half a mile an hour top speed, and the bottom end and mid range gained some noticeable punch.

I have no clue what this cone is supposed to do. I've asked, and it has been explained to me, but I just don't remember that well. I thought they said that if my RPM started to go up in the winter, put the cone in and it will reduce it. But now I'm thinking, as I look at the back of the pump, that the cone actually makes the nozzle size "appear" smalled to the thrust. So say your running an 84mm nozzle, you put in the cone, and the boat acts like it has an 83 or 82mm nozzle on it.

I have ridden the SHO with this cone on it, but I've never ridden it without it, so I really have no clue as to what the difference is. Has anybody called R&D and just asked???

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I hope this helps. I got the anti-cavitaion cone for my 08 RXT-X. It came with the performer kit, and up until last week, it just sat on my shelf. Well, I put it on last week because I was bored. My RPM had been creaping up to about 8120 or so. When I installed this cone, the RPM only dropped to about 8100.....but, and I'm not sure why this is, I gained about a half a mile an hour top speed, and the bottom end and mid range gained some noticeable punch.

I have no clue what this cone is supposed to do. I've asked, and it has been explained to me, but I just don't remember that well. I thought they said that if my RPM started to go up in the winter, put the cone in and it will reduce it. But now I'm thinking, as I look at the back of the pump, that the cone actually makes the nozzle size "appear" smalled to the thrust. So say your running an 84mm nozzle, you put in the cone, and the boat acts like it has an 83 or 82mm nozzle on it.

I have ridden the SHO with this cone on it, but I've never ridden it without it, so I really have no clue as to what the difference is. Has anybody called R&D and just asked???
    Go read Rip&Tear's "Cavitation 101" post. I don't remember that it addressed anti-cavitation cones directly, but you'll be able to figure it out after you read it!

Every ski and pump design is going to react differently. Basically the GPR pump cone loaded the pump more, not a good thing on the GPR as we're already getting too much water in the pump at speed. The SHO could act totally different.

Thread Information