Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Dropped a nut in the Hull of my 250...where is it?

All,
    I'll cut to the chase. Does anyone know of one of the Long ass fiber optic camera's that i might be able to buy to see down in the Hull of my 250? I was removing the 4 nuts to remove the Intercooler, One of the Nuts did not make it out(might be a washer too) I just dont want to got buy another one and forget about it. It might be close to the Super charger too.. and will spell trouble.The inter cooler is already out(was installing the Free flow exhaust)I dont like the idea of a nut bouncing around in my hull.. I was actually thinking of introducing water to float it out toward the rear but i think the amout of water i would need might screw other things up and not worth it.
    any ideas?
    thanks.

+1
    I'd try tilting your trailer and running a hose thru the front with the drain plugs removed... I know most auto stores have mirrors that you could use, or find a magnet on a stick... There are all sorts of places that little jewel could be hiding

+1
    I have blocks in front and back of both wheels on the trailer. I pick up the front of the trailer as high as I can and shake the trailer up and down. I have always retrieved the stuff that I have dropped below the engine. May not be the smartest way, but it worked for me.

+1
    i have a telescoping magnet. it almost always works.10 bucks at autozone.

+1
    compressed air blow it around at least the intercooler is out that will give you more room. i had the same happen with one of the supercharger badge bolts it came loose and dropped in found it eventually with a telescopic magnet

+1

Magic Magnet

Where Do I Buy A Magnet That Picks Up Stainless Steel? Since Almost All Kawasaki Hadware Is Stainless I've Never Had Any Luck Picking It Up With A Magnet.

+1
    All,
    Thanks for the replies... I went to Sears and got a magnet with a little light. and $60 worth of Open/closed wrenches...So far the light does not work... I was going to spend a bug infested evening with it...probing my ski. I know it's elementary but i did not think of tilting the trailer nor did i think of the compressed air.. If the traliler babalancing act dont work I'll drop.75 in the air machine..and give it a try... The water torture is a last resort.. as i am quite afraid of water anywhere(introduced by me)to be in my hull..Who Know's for a change Gravity might be my friend..
    I'll keep you all posted.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    All,
    Thanks for the replies... I went to Sears and got a magnet with a little light. and $60 worth of Open/closed wrenches...So far the light does not work... I was going to spend a bug infested evening with it...probing my ski. I know it's elementary but i did not think of tilting the trailer nor did i think of the compressed air.. If the traliler babalancing act dont work I'll drop.75 in the air machine..and give it a try... The water torture is a last resort.. as i am quite afraid of water anywhere(introduced by me)to be in my hull..Who Know's for a change Gravity might be my friend..
    I'll keep you all posted.
    A few weeks ago I dropped a 1/4" drive 7mm socket. I tried using compressed air, flodding the hull, magnet and no luck. I went riding and popped the seat and seat base off, there it was, in the back of the hull. Good luck!

nut in hull

make sure you get it out .the bolt out of the supercharged plate came out on mine and nocked a hole in the oil pan. Kawasawki has a bulliten on loose nuts or bolts in hull

been there done that....more times than I'd like to admit.

First off, a telescoping mirror and flashlight. Then get a flexible grabber.

Then, also use a digital camera to take pictures, the flash will light places you can't see.

Take your time and listen carefully for the bolt moving as you probe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0363.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	85708  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information