Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Side by Side They Seem Sooo Different...

Yet they are both 2-seaters (GSX-L & RXP-X). When I bought the GSX-L in '99 it seemed a bit on the large side. My how times have changed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0015.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	85688  

+1
    I know what you meen. They just keep getting bigger. They just dont make em like they used to. The bigger they get the less fun they are IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I know what you meen. They just keep getting bigger. They just dont make em like they used to. The bigger they get the less fun they are IMO.

I have to disagree. I think they are at the PERFECT size. not to big and not to huge and still capable of getting them out of the water if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by lludacrisboy View Post
    I have to disagree. I think they are at the PERFECT size. not to big and not to huge and still capable of getting them out of the water if you want.

+ 1 great size IMO.. I also have no problem getting verticle when I feel the need.

+1
    "I have to disagree. I think they are at the PERFECT size. not to big and not to huge and still capable of getting them out of the water if you want."
    "+ 1 great size IMO.. I also have no problem getting verticle when I feel the need."

Don't get me wrong, as I love my RXP-X, but it burns twice the fuel as my 65+mph GSX-L/DI, and takes twice the HP to do the same tricks. That said I'd take the P-X any day when the wind & chop are up and I need to cover distance.

While working on the roof I looked down at the trailer and it just struck me as amazing to see the comparison. An interesting perspective.

+1
    I'm not saying they are not fun but when it comes to jumping or running bouys these things are tanks. If you have ever ridden an x-4, stand up or wave blaster then you know what I mean. I can take an x-4 and 180 bunny hop. This would never be possible on one of todays skis. Dont get me wrong I love my rxp's but they are a different type of riding. 350lbs vs 700 something is a huge difference.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I'm not saying they are not fun but when it comes to jumping or running bouys these things are tanks. If you have ever ridden an x-4, stand up or wave blaster then you know what I mean. I can take an x-4 and 180 bunny hop. This would never be possible on one of todays skis. Dont get me wrong I love my rxp's but they are a different type of riding. 350lbs vs 700 something is a huge difference.

nothing like taking the beach houses and adjusting them all the way up, hauling ass, letting off, turning the bars and goosing to do some 720 spins

can you do those on an RXP?

I'll always keep my HX, regardless of whatever couch is the flavor of the year.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yet they are both 2-seaters (GSX-L & RXP-X). When I bought the GSX-L in '99 it seemed a bit on the large side. My how times have changed!
    I can top that pic Ziggy
    Here are my 07 GTXL and 96 XP side by side(from the side I wasn't on the roof lately)

And the other side

+1
    Darth, yeah there is a huge difference, BUT, one is a three seater and while the other is often called a two seater, I'd argue that it really isn't, unless you compare it to an HX.

BTW the XP looks good. I'm in the process of restoring one, now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information