Joe

RE BO Install ?'s

I bought the RE's used and couldn't find 'detailed' installation instructions for them, I did however find the instructions for the RIVA Pro's on their site.

My questions are:
    1. Does someone have detailed RE install instructions they could point me to.....I used the Search Function and read many threads with the "Block Offs" hit to No Avail.
    2. The Riva instructions mention O-Rings, my Discounted 'used' RE's didn't come with O-Rings, do I need them and if so does anyone know the size?

Also, I hope I put this in the correct forum, couldn't decide on here or How TO.....
    Thank you in advance,
    1IH

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post

I bought the RE's used and couldn't find 'detailed' installation instructions for them, I did however find the instructions for the RIVA Pro's on their site.

My questions are:
    1. Does someone have detailed RE install instructions they could point me to.....I used the Search Function and read many threads with the "Block Offs" hit to No Avail.
    just use the riva instructions. same install.
    2. The Riva instructions mention O-Rings, my Discounted 'used' RE's didn't come with O-Rings, do I need them and if so does anyone know the size?
    you dont need the o rings, just get you some ultra black or permatex (right stuff) and your good to go. dont be scared to use to much as the excess can be cleaned off once tightened. I just saw that becuase i had one leak a little when trying to not use too much and just the other day i removed it to install exhust and used plenty and not a drip of water in hull.
    Also, I hope I put this in the correct forum, couldn't decide on here or How TO.....
    Thank you in advance,
    1IH
    hope that helped.
    Last edited by skoepp; 07-29-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Joe

FAST

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    hope that helped.

Perfect and thanks! I just finished reading your post about the CF SC Intake (Bad Ass by the way), and then saw that you hooked me up!

I think I am going to go for a Front intake instead of the back, I can see one of my idiot friends trying to emulate an old school video and diving my RXP!!!!

Thanks again!
    Joe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post
    Perfect and thanks! I just finished reading your post about the CF SC Intake (Bad Ass by the way), and then saw that you hooked me up!

I think I am going to go for a Front intake instead of the back, I can see one of my idiot friends trying to emulate an old school video and diving my RXP!!!!

Thanks again!
    Joe
    I have rear air on the rxp and i find it very easy to ingest water with any kind of spin outs. I do mostly wot or drag so it is not a problem for me. I definitely want let anyone ride my rxp though as they could ingest water very easy.
    glad i could help.
    good luck.
    Last edited by skoepp; 07-29-2008 at 09:48 PM.

RE install tip:
    Dry fit before commiting...the holes in the RE's do not match up EXACTLY with the hull holes. You may have to drill out the RE holes a little to make them fit perfectly with the hull holes. Failure to do this results in cross threading the brass nuts on the spider inside the hull and having to replace the spider nuts. It's not a problem, just dry fit them before cranking them down. Like Scott said use silicone or right stuff to seal them sell.

+1
    Also when installing the RE blockoffs be sure and check the bottom side of the BOs. If you only check for alignment on the sides they can be hanging down below the hull which will scrub speed.

+1
    +1 to both LafJax and DaveC. I did have to rim out the holes on only one side of ski to get the RE to fit flush. It did not take much but do take the time to be sure they are flush and not in a bind when tightening.

Joe

And Again!!!!

Thanks to all three of you for the POINTERS!!!

I am sure that in my ADD/Hyperactivity I would have rushed the job and not done the Dry-Fit!......

Thanks again and I will post back on Saturday as to how it goes!
    Joe

Thread Information