+1

New mods first time out (Riva RXP)

Went out for the first time last night with my new Riva parts intalled. 3" intake,Riva Grate,14/19 solas prop, and PPG thru hull.

I ran 69 mph last night on gps with my ski. Lake temp was displaying at 78* and the ski at 80* I was wondering what to do next for the most "feel" in performance. These mods did make me faster by 4+ mph over my best runs before but its not a feelable diff haha. Also my ski is pulling 8100 at WOT which I beleive is perfect but out of the gate it pulls about 7600 then on up to 8100 is that normal. I assume the 14/19 is loading the motor harder and using the torque to get me up and moving.

On a side note my bro in law has an FX15 3 seater honda that I ride with and we were out last night. That thing is all over my rxp and its stock. we take off almost side by side, and are within 2 mph of eachother up top. Those things are quick which is why i looked at modding my ski.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    Went out for the first time last night with my new Riva parts intalled. 3" intake,Riva Grate,14/19 solas prop, and PPG thru hull.

I ran 69 mph last night on gps with my ski. Lake temp was displaying at 78* and the ski at 80* I was wondering what to do next for the most "feel" in performance. These mods did make me faster by 4+ mph over my best runs before but its not a feelable diff haha. Also my ski is pulling 8100 at WOT which I beleive is perfect but out of the gate it pulls about 7600 then on up to 8100 is that normal. I assume the 14/19 is loading the motor harder and using the torque to get me up and moving.

On a side note my bro in law has an FX15 3 seater honda that I ride with and we were out last night. That thing is all over my rxp and its stock. we take off almost side by side, and are within 2 mph of eachother up top. Those things are quick which is why i looked at modding my ski.
    More boooooooost!!!

+1
    Toss in a Greenwheel..It will give you more acceleration and a mph or two on top end...Well worth the price....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor215 View Post
    Toss in a Greenwheel..It will give you more acceleration and a mph or two on top end...Well worth the price....

I can go just greenwheel no other mods. I have in the works purchasing a complete Intercooler kit from a forum member pipeing mounting bracket etc...

Banned User
    Greenwheel with aftermarket IC, you'll need 42 # injectors

Banned User
    +1
    Did you remove the air intake plumbing, the stuff that runs from the front of the seat to the front of the ski? Remove that and see what happens with that "LULL" spot around 7600...

+1
    I concur with Alex, and if you end up needing the 42's I have a set(from Jerry's store) with about 10 hrs on em I'll sell for 1/2 price.

OBJ

+1
    Thanks for the replies guys. Will I notice a performance incrase with just an XS intercooler?

I am going to pull that plastic piece out from under the seat and see if that helps as well thanks for the tips on that !!! Danny!

OBJ not sure just how far I want to go with this as I want to hold it WOT for long peroids of time across big water and do not want to blow up. Just wondering on that Greenwheel but I have a deal pending on an XC Intercooler with piping and install bracket I figured I wanted to test it out first.

Also should that Honda be that close to me?

You will see a slight difference with the x-ternal cooler. Because it cools the air , but it sound like you need more boost to get what you want. The guys above made a good suggestion (Go with the green wheel with the cooler and 42# injectorsand you will be more than satisfied).

Thread Information