Thread: Reliable Turbo

+1

Question Reliable Turbo

Hi all. What are you thoughts to building a rec friendly turbo setup. Im fully aware that turbos are hard work to tune and get right but alot of this is due to running high boost and having to get the fueling right ect ect. Do you think it is possible to build a low boost application like maybe 10-11 psi that would be rec reliable?? Im thinking out loud abit as I feel that it would be possible with a small, very efficient turbo to create lower boost but higher relibilty and get rid or all the problems asscociated with the SC's. Im not talking about going 90 mph or even 80. Like 75 would be good and I think that is easyly possible with less boost than above. Also with a lower boost turbo it will spool faster and therefore have very low lag. I mention 10psi as this is where alot of people are at with there SC's so could you run with a rrfpr or do turbo's produce so much more air flow that you would need to go a step further?? Or am on the wrong track, and that turbos are only any good if you want all out performance?? Im asking as this maybe something that I would consider taking on as project if i felt the relibilty would be there.Let me know what you all think all opinions are welcome. R88

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Hi all. What are you thoughts to building a rec friendly turbo setup. Im fully aware that turbos are hard work to tune and get right but alot of this is due to running high boost and having to get the fueling right ect ect. Do you think it is possible to build a low boost application like maybe 10-11 psi that would be rec reliable?? Im thinking out loud abit as I feel that it would be possible with a small, very efficient turbo to create lower boost but higher relibilty and get rid or all the problems asscociated with the SC's. Im not talking about going 90 mph or even 80. Like 75 would be good and I think that is easyly possible with less boost than above. Also with a lower boost turbo it will spool faster and therefore have very low lag. I mention 10psi as this is where alot of people are at with there SC's so could you run with a rrfpr or do turbo's produce so much more air flow that you would need to go a step further?? Or am on the wrong track, and that turbos are only any good if you want all out performance?? Im asking as this maybe something that I would consider taking on as project if i felt the relibilty would be there.Let me know what you all think all opinions are welcome. R88
    There are a bunch of guys here running low boost reliable turbo set-ups with no issues. About 12-15 psi running 79-83 mph, but let them do the talking....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPT400 View Post
    There are a bunch of guys here running low boost reliable turbo set-ups with no issues. About 12-15 psi running 79-83 mph, but let them do the talking....
    Cheers man. So who are you??? Are you willing to give up what you are running?? Pm if you want this is a subject i am interested in but need to be sure before i undertake anything major. Plus i am on the other side of the pond where projects like this are very rare so it will be very difficult for me to see things face to face. R88

+1
    ive also been thinking sumthing along these lines as a kind of winter project.

can get hold of an rxp cheap with a blow engine so was thinking of a turbo lump.

Hit the search button at the right side of this page and search in for : turbo rxp. You will find all your questions and answers there....

Thread Information