What mods?..So confuse

Hi guys

My friend just got his 08 RXP-X and he is looking for some mods..I see Riva , R&D , Rotax and some custom work from Jawz prop and Jim rideplate which also good choices...I'm confuse coz too many options and unfortunetly some options r useless.

I spent many days searching and searching and i found different results with same mods

Wha do u think guys?

South Eastern Michigan
    How much $$$ can he spend on mods, what type of riding does he do and what type of water does he ride in (salt/fresh, chop/no chop)?

This will help determine the direction he will take.

-=Mike G.

The money shouldn't be the problem...He want it fast and reliable...he like straight drag racing with friends...The water is salt.

Not sure what is chop mean ( sorry Mike )

Morgan City, LA
    Tell him to start with the basics and go with the Riva stage 1 kit. He can always add more modifications to that later.

South Eastern Michigan
    "Chop" is/are waves like 1' or 2' that repeat, or boat wakes that make the lake like a bath tub (basically rough water). I just wondered if his riding was in generally rough water or smooth water.

Like posted above you can start with Riva Stg. 1 and go from there. Some people that have the $$$$ like to go big from the beginning, but I like to evaluate the modifications as they are installed to see what the results are of each one, vs. just throwing everything on all at once.

Look here:

-=Mike G.

That's what i mean

I have Riva stg1, exhaust and thermostat on my RXP-X and i see 72-73 but i also see same numbers with ppl has re-pitched prop or Jim O.L rideplate so why i should go with Riva stg1.

Riva stg1 has 3" intake and many said it is useless and recommend the 4" intake

The 4" intake is a rear intake. The only problem with that is if you jump a lot of wakes, etc. you can ingest water. Otherwise it is about the best air intake you can get...

If you want to throw it all in at once, get riva stage 1 and jims open loop rideplate and intake manifold upgrade and have your prop repitched for that setup depending on what rpm's u're running. I'me sure you could see 76-78+ with that...Possibly a riva or rotax ecu if you have the money and want to go that rout.

queens, ny
    take jerys word, if he dont have the cash to buy the kit at once, he can buy it piece by piece, it will cost more in the long run.

Thread Information