Powder coating anyone?

Well I'm back and everything is cool with Green Hulk so now I offer you guy's the chance to get things powder coated. I can help you get those parts looking great in no time You guy's have helped me so now its my turn to help you. I can do powder coating and sandblasting for a realistic price or trade for something I have lots and lots of colors and if I don't have it I can get it. Any kind of metal can be done send me a pm and we can get you shining. Here are some of the things I just did. I also have high temp coatings they hold up to 1000 degrees and peaks of 1200 F. High temp cost a little more but its worth it for engine parts I will do any parts not just jet-skis hope you find me useful thanks everyone!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powder coat 002.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	85810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powder coat 007.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	85811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powder coat 006.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	85812  
    Last edited by ashelgren; 07-30-2008 at 03:43 PM.

+1
    Looks good..Nice work

Where U located??

I'm in PA

I am in Pa but I welcome you to send me your parts to get done they will be in good hands. And I can do most parts in a day or two depending on how much sandblasting their is to do and if I'm taking off powder coat to put new on powder coat is a b#*ch to get off you have to use a powder coat stripper. Then you can start sandblasting so must the time their is a quick turn around anything else just ask thanks.
    Last edited by ashelgren; 07-30-2008 at 06:25 PM.

to remove powder coating we use a stripper named FO606 but it has to be kept at 180 degrees the whole time....what also works good for powder coating removal is polyurethane paint remover....it can be bought over the internet....we use it for just about everything on navy aircraft and support equipment...not trying to tell you how to do your job just trying to make it a little easier on you.

Thanks

Yeah thats the thing first you got a stripper that can trash your skin then the part is hot to handle hate that stuff but it works. I use a stripper for poly. thats called "Tripple X" It takes two coats at 20 min. a shot but hay you don't get burnt.Thanks for the tip.

no problem bud....yeah that FO606..not only is it hot as hell....it also has to have a layer of mineral oil on top of it.....yeah it's oxygen displacing not fun stuff at all... what media do you use to prep the metal before powder coating? i got a powder coat setup for my 5.0 liter....i'm thinking that glass media would be good for steel components....but no for aluminum....it doesn't play nice with aluminum....i also have a plastic media machine...

Media

I use a couple type of media glass bead is best for Aluminum, Poly plastic for paint removal and Ground glass for rust removal. If your doing some nasty parts I use play sand because its cheep and you just chuck it after a few parts. Aluminum oxide Is also good for heavy rust puts a nice finish then I use a pre-prep liquid to get all the dust off the parts I like to put it in a spray bottle and hang the part and hose it down a few times untill the liquid comes off the part clear. It is amazing how a nasty piece of crap part can clean up and look bran new it a couple hours I never throw out any rusted bolt, nuts anything blast it coat it and save money. I'm big into cars thats how I started powder coating if you resote cars you know how much old parts go for you can go broke real quick. So I started doing this and saved a ton of money now I'm hooked, Do you pre-heat your parts before coating if you don't try it big difference in color and less waste.

Thread Information