Thread: RXT is smoking

Prohibido usuario
    Jerry's guest bedroom

RXT is smoking

Smoking hot that is. Done some work on the RXT yesterday.

Well first couple of speed runs were 65's then busted out two 66.1's and two 66.3's was turning 8100-8150 rpm's. Conditions as follows

90 degrees
    52% humidity
    water was around 80
    ski said 96 air and 86 water.

So filling my ride plate holes, new impeller and wear ring (replaced stock, damaged ones with the same thing) and my nose cone modification gained me almost 3 mph. I guess my nose cone mod shows improvements just like removing it but mine covers some of the shaft. I have a detailed pic on other thread. The silicone had not fully cured and was pulled out today and I lost one of the epoxy ride plate hole fillers. Already replaced them and going to let the silicone cure for a couple of days. I was outrunning my roommate on the RXP all day. The best speed run he had was 64.8. He was only seeing 7900 rpm and I think his oil is overfilled from dealer service. I can't talk him into any mod's because he thinks its already fast enough. I think as long as he was faster then me he wasn't going to do anything. Too bad that is over. I haven't done anything to that ski. Oh the best part is that I'm a big boy, around 300 pounds, and I give about a 150 pound advantage to my roommate. I bet if he had rode the RXT it would have ran 67+. So I'm almost there I want a low 70's, dependable ski. Bet the roommate hands me the credit card and say make me faster before long.

Puerto Rico
    That is a very good speed for a RXT considering the weather your body weight (no offense) and the few mods that you have done.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Long Island, NY
    i agree with ray.... and as he said no offense about the "rider's" weight...

that nothing to sneeze at given the mods, conditions, and rider. nice job

now get some more stuff on there and absolutely destroy your roomate on the RXP

Thread Information