Thread: What next ?

What next ?

My current ride , 2000 GPR, that I bought from a fellow Green Hulker CanadaXP (Reg) is needing a few more "easy" mph's . When I say easy , I mean without getting into the motor and losing any reliability . Current mods are : R&D rideplate (somewhat massaged ) , PPK , Concorde 13/19 prop , D-plate , Jetworks kit , stepped sponsons , R&D heads ( milled a little to get about 120psi ) . Everything else is pretty much stock . Most of my riding involves taking the kids out , towing a tube/skiier , but now that Reg has his machine in the water, I need to keep up with him . Spend most of the time in lakes , riding in fairly smooth water . No tach , and no GPS .

Mike

send the ride plate to jim unless its already jims plate, if its not it should add 3 mph gps

Good luck keeping up.

I am pulling your plate today to take the shims off the back of it, and angle the plate better. I will have to grind on the pump for a bit. If you want, you can try my ff plate and 800 grate on it, but they aren't the best "towing a tube setup". It is going to loosen up the ski quite a bit, so it feels more on the water at speed, not in the water.

Theres a ported 1300 top end for sale if you really want to keep up.

I should have a tach here in a few days, we can both see what kinda rpm we are turning.

Thanks for the help , but with the 50kgs you are spotting me , the 1200 unported should be adequate ..ROFLMFAO.

Ouch...and this to the guy staring at your pump with a grinder in hand.

50 kg in weight, plus the full tank I had compared to your warning beeper going off, I thought I was giving you ample opportunity. Guess not.

I was really riding 2-up with all that extra weight. And you still couldn't come close.

Thats ok, at least there are no red-lights at the starting line on the lake. You will have your fill of those racing this weekend.
    Nice avatar. Did that scare you like going fast on the water does?
    Last edited by canadaxp; 07-30-2008 at 03:05 PM.

And, since we are at 2900 feet, and the ski has never been rejetted, you could easily gain a few rpms by pulling those carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    And, since we are at 2900 feet, and the ski has never been rejetted, you could easily gain a few rpms by pulling those carbs.
    Have at it ... I hear your labour rates are cheap . plus , think of all the free food a booze you get on Aug 5 . Should I tell the hotel to stock up on coolers ?

MP
    p.s. the car has a roll cage and I wear a helmet ... I'm fearless in that thing.

+1
    Forget the coolers.. Make sure Janice has a box of Wine..

Well, I got you some more speed.

I took your shims off the rear of the plate, and one is now on the front of it. I had to grind a fair bit off the pump. Its way looser on the ater now. Its not plowing the water like it was before.

You may want to add one again in the back once I give it back, but just ride it first. It does porpoise a bit, but at the higher speeds its smooth.

Thread Information