VX Deluxe & FX HO Pricing

Thinking of making the jump from Sea-Doo to Yamaha, however have no idea what kind of pricing to expect this time of year. I obviously have seen the MSRP, however wondered if anyone had insight as to what to expect for these two units, I am still deciding between the two. I did a board search and only saw one result. I have also seen prices all over the place for new units on EBAY.
    Also, what can I expect to pay for a single place trailer? I've seen anywhere from 500-900, however don't know what manufacturer these were.
    I am located in NC if that makes any difference. Any reason not to make the jump to Yamaha? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Mitch

I bought both in april, and if you are gonna get one, get the FXHO.

Use the best ebay price as a quide, but I would try to buy it locally.

Enjoy!

Thanks Hogpowr! Any reason you say to get the HO over the deluxe? Besides the obvious, power.

On the water, you feel like you are sitting on the front of the VX, with nothing in front of you.

The FX gives the illusion of sitting more in the middle of the boat with more structure in front of you. The FX comes on plane faster. It is almost as fuel efficient, and only costs about 2K more, which you should get back at trade/sale.

The VX feels lighter, it is. You can through it around more, but you feel the lack of power more when you do. The fuel economy is fantastic, I mean it is real good.

Having the FXHO is like having an Accord v-6 smooth, powerful, refined.
    The VX line is like having a Civic smooth, light, fun, fuel efficient, not as powerful, not as big. Sorta.

I have not ridden the HO but my friend has the VX. It was stock when he got it but shortly thereafter we installed Riva RPM kit. What he got was a totally different ski. It really doesn't feel as big as it is especially for a 3 seater. We run the piss out of the thing without a hiccup. It does sip the gas compared to my XL1200Ltd.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I like the idea of the "Accord" over the "civic" One concern for me is the new hull technology on the HO. Any problems with these such as those seen on the SHO?

+1
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I like the idea of the "Accord" over the "civic" One concern for me is the new hull technology on the HO. Any problems with these such as those seen on the SHO?
    If you're looking at the 08's I believe the HO's have the same nanoX hull as the SHO, but the VX's remain unchanged. The few people who've had issues with the SHO seems to be paint blistering around the pump intake. It seems that the paint Yamaha uses may not be adhering to the new hull material as well. I haven't heard any reports of this on the HO's. Both are great ski's, but if you do a lot of rough water riding I would probably go with the HO because of the larger hull and heavier weight. My buddy has a VX Cruiser and loves it, but he does really wish it had the adjustable trim standard on the HO. Both do well on gas, but the VX will go forever on a tank. This time of year you should be able to pick up a new one for at least 600-800 below MSRP, especially since next year's lineup will be announced soon. Also, if you shop around I bet you can find some good deals on used low hour boats. I'd think there should be a lot of HO deals out there from guys who recently traded up to SHO's

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    If you're looking at the 08's I believe the HO's have the same nanoX hull as the SHO, but the VX's remain unchanged. The few people who've had issues with the SHO seems to be paint blistering around the pump intake. It seems that the paint Yamaha uses may not be adhering to the new hull material as well. I haven't heard any reports of this on the HO's. Both are great ski's, but if you do a lot of rough water riding I would probably go with the HO because of the larger hull and heavier weight. My buddy has a VX Cruiser and loves it, but he does really wish it had the adjustable trim standard on the HO. Both do well on gas, but the VX will go forever on a tank. This time of year you should be able to pick up a new one for at least 600-800 below MSRP, especially since next year's lineup will be announced soon. Also, if you shop around I bet you can find some good deals on used low hour boats. I'd think there should be a lot of HO deals out there from guys who recently traded up to SHO's
    I agree, used is the way to go! My buddy got an 07 VX with 10hrs w/trailer for $5200 two months ago. You just have to be patient is all. The deals are out there.

Thread Information