Thread: high temp

high temp

so i took my super charger of and had Jerry put in the metal washers. When i was taking the thing apart I had a hard time getting off the J clamp on the exhaust. While trying to get at the charger I ended up unplugging the coolant hose from the engine. I lost a fair amount of coolant. After putting the supercharger back on and get it all sorted I took the RXP out on the water. within a few minutes I had a high temp alarm and could see a bit of smoke coming from inside the doo. Not much just when i removed the seat. At first I thought it was the little hose on top of the exhaust burning. The more I'm thinking about it I'm wondering if maybe the engine was low on coolant because of all that came out. I had refilled the coolant reserve but am wondering if I didn't leave it on long enough to recirculate the coolant. Is there a spot to put coolant directly into this engine? Do you guys think that makes sense or could it be something else? I put the engine back exactly as I took it apart. I just don't wanna make the huge trip to the dealer if I don't have too.

thanks in advance

+1
    You probley have an air pocket in your cooling system..There is a drain pug in the back of your rideplate that looks like and allen head bolt..You can undue that to the point of were anti freeze starts to come out and then start filling the resivour as the anti freeze goes down..You will see it burp out the rideplate as you add more anti freeze...Try this link it should help you more...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127

+1
    You could have partially blocked the pissers on the j-pipe when you hooked your exhaust back up and your temp alarm is exhaust not engine temp. Check that and adjust the silicone coupler and hose clamps. Run it on the launch ramp for a while with the pump in the water and see what happens. Good luck. Give us a report.

OBJ

+1
    If it is indeed your exhaust then yes do as OBJ had mentioned..also check to see if you plugged the sencor back into the waterbox...

Thread Information